Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Request a Tutorial
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tutorial for pong? Isn't that just collision detection and 45 degree bouncing? AI is just have the computer paddle match the y position of the ball.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh, nvm, now that I think about it. Cause I saw Zylum's pong, and its nowhere near what I would have thought it would look like, I didn't understand it... so I thought I was missing out on something. Cause if I made pong, it would be really different.
bevoyleick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

can someone post a tutorial on how to "link" from one Turing file to another? as in having one main program running other files
recneps

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i can do that, its not that hard, lemme try it now Very Happy
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:23 pm   Post subject: 3D

I would like a tutorial on how to do 3D in turing. I want to make a 3D game like a 1st person shooter or a flight sim.
recneps

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I believe catalyst was going to attempt a 3d tutorial, i dont know what happened, hes probably to busy or still working on it.
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

AsianSensation wrote:
AI is just have the computer paddle match the y position of the ball.

lol how is that ai??? that makes it impossible for the user to win Twisted Evil anyhoo, the tough part is to make the computer hard but not impossible... i made a good version of pong in flash where the angle the ball bounces off you paddle is dependant on where the ball hits the paddle... also the computer actually loses sometimes... i think i made it so that the computer moves slower than you do but it has the ability to predict where the ball will be...
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, I know. I was being sarcastic.

....guess it's hard to express sarcasm on the net.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I would love to see a tutorial on the Net module. One day in careers I decided to do something interesting and someone ended up making my connect 4 game playable over the internet, which is cool but remains to be tested. The problem with this is that everything he did pretty much went over my head and this is something that I would like to be able to use in my programs.
zylum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'm with supergenius. i'd also like to see a net tutorial Wink
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

as soon as dodge_tomahawk gets back, he promised a tutorial on turing net command. As I said, I have never used it, so I don't know anything about it. Anyone else want to write one up?
recneps

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have troubles with it, but i could write up the beginning if someone will add to it Smile
Krabjuice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:51 am   Post subject: Re: 3D

Jonny Tight Lips wrote:
I would like a tutorial on how to do 3D in turing. I want to make a 3D game like a 1st person shooter or a flight sim.

Furthermore, i'd be interested in seeing a tutorial dealing with 3D rotational movment.
not_l33t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I would like to have a tutorial on how to strategize a program for attacking the problem. Like seting up variables, and getting started. Like you don't just throw on stuff like that and hope it works do you?

Well some l33t people would, but I am not_l33t. Very Happy
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm...this could be arranged within a week or so...is that long enough? Or do you need it right now?

I mean, all it really is is developing a simple Redefinition, Top Down, Pseudo Code approach that we all know and love so well.

So, yeah...there it is right there in summarized form!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 18  [ 261 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: