Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3D Perlin Noise
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Catalyst

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:59 am   Post subject: 3D Perlin Noise

Both the clouds and the terrain are animated using 3D Perlin Noise
(the third dimension in this case is time)

post what deltaTime is on ur machine (mine is 168 Mad(~6fps) )

note: The program doesnt seem to want to close when its done, so use ctrl al del to kill it after its done (even tho it disapears it is still there)

note2: Any ideas on why a prog wouldnt close when its done? (100 bits to anyone who points me in a direction that eventually works)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

thats some really cool stuff, kindof trippy

delta time around 117
yeah it didn't close but maybe what you have to do is kill what it is doing when the user exits it, because maybe it just keeps going after that.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

117 on school's P4.

and yeah, once you close the window, the program doesn't end. It is still running and taking up Confused 99% of CPU, lol Laughing

I don't know how your program is handling onQuit event but I'm guessing it does not terminate some procedures.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thats the weird thing everthing is done

ive used an output file to see how far it gets and the output file write to the file even after the return statement in main()[/code]
Blade

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

on mine it closes...
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: