Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Puzzles] Puzzle Launcher Added - Kevin Folz
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:44 pm   Post subject: [Puzzles] Puzzle Launcher Added - Kevin Folz

CERVANTES' PUZZLES!

You can now download Kevin's (the_short1's) launcher here. It contains all the puzzles and you can play them again and again without having to rerun the program!! Dance

So far I've made four puzzles.

~~>Green Screen - my first puzzle program. Inspired by the "Green Screen" in MOTAS (check out Paul's thread about MOTAS here.

~~>Number Shift - This is the puzzle where there is one empty spot in your grid, and you have to move the squares around, using that empty square, to get the numbers in order.

~~>N Queens - This is the game where you take 8 queens and try to place them on a chess board so that they are all safe from each other (no two are in the same row / column / diagonal).

~~> Odd Even Path - In this puzzle there is a large grid; each grid square has a value from 1 to 10 attached to it. You pick a spot to start, and move into squares that are adjacent to you. However, if you started on an odd number, you can only go to odd numbers after that. If you started on even, you can only go to even numbers. When you move into a square, your score is increased by the value of that square. try to get the highest score possible! The HIGH SCORE for OE path as of April 11, is 400 by Catalyst. Congrats! Dance

Cheers

OE Path.t
 Description:
OE Path - Made March 28, 2004

Download
 Filename:  OE Path.t
 Filesize:  2.12 KB
 Downloaded:  390 Time(s)

N Queens.t
 Description:
N Queens - Made March 27, 2004

Download
 Filename:  N Queens.t
 Filesize:  2.25 KB
 Downloaded:  344 Time(s)

Number Shift Puzzle.t
 Description:
Number Shift - Made March 26, 2004

Download
 Filename:  Number Shift Puzzle.t
 Filesize:  2.56 KB
 Downloaded:  370 Time(s)

GREEN SCREEN.T
 Description:
Green Screen - Made March 21, 2004

Download
 Filename:  GREEN SCREEN.T
 Filesize:  1.91 KB
 Downloaded:  365 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool game!!! i can't seem to win though...

i haven't won so i don't really know how it takes too long to check if you've won... but it looks fine to me.
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice...some mouse problems...mainly due to those accursed delays not being the same on all comps.

Easily fixed though!

In your main loop (the one w/ Moues.Where), take out your delay.
In your drawgrid proc, add a Time.Delay at the end of it...say about 100.
You can always add a variable refernce to it so that it can be changed at the top...

Otherwise works real well...checking can be done like this:
code:

var done : boolean := true
% Assume true until otherwise proven.
for i : 1..upper(grid)
for j : 1..upper(grid, 2)
% Assuming a 2-dim grid system.
if grid(i,j).switch = false then
done := false
exit
end if
end for
if not done then
exit
end if
% Exit as SOON as a notdone tile is found.
% will save moutnains of CPU time.
end for

if done then
put "w00t"
end if
% This happens if and only if the board is DONE! (hehe, biconditional statement).

done := true
% Reset for the next run.
% Of course, this assumes that each tile has some sort of
% 'switch' boolean reference in it...but that's up to you.

BTW, the least I can get it to is 2 black tiles. Seeing as the MOTAS one ended w/ 4 black tiles, I'd say that 2 is a safe bet to end it at...seeing as a total conversion is practically (perhaps mathamatically) impossible.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

+bits, though I should give too much since this did keep me from doing my compsci homework for 10 minuts....

anyways, +15 bits

oh wait, you are mod....oh well, still plus bits.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think that that makes it worse.. (about the Time.Delay placement)

if you have it delay EVERY loop, then there is a chance (smaller chance for smaller delay) that you will click while the delay is going, and your click will not be registered. However, my way, every click will be registered. Also, having the delay inside the if statement of btn > 0 prevents the click from being registered a ton of times. It is, still, however, somewhat buggy at times. i know no way of fixing it.

oh and I'm not sure if you can actually win in a 6x6 grid. Haven't tried too hard myself Razz
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can always use Mouse.ButtonWait...
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

interestingly enough I've never used Mouse.ButtonWait before. Works beautifully though! Very Happy

oh also the furthest I've been able to get it down to on 6x6 is 2.

Above code is altered.
programer007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

nnice stuff..... i got to one black square on the rectangle shaped one.....
good program.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice. getting it down to one is pretty tricky.

I update the first post. Its now in attachement for for easier scrolling. I also added on a feature that allows you to have blank spaces in the puzzle. Finally, I changed it so that you win when you only have 1 black square left.

Enjoy.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Added a new puzzle I call 'Number Shift'. Check first post.
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WOW... i won at both...!!! COOL!!! second ting,.l.. Cervants.. I LOVE deese.... keep them comming.... cant wait for the next one....
***try to create a super hard mode lets say press h to enter hard mode (at start of game) so its longer and more difficult... dont get me wrong... urs is difficult... its just i have the exact method of doign those... (ive done those b4) the number shift...

that gree screen is da bomb/// + 10 BITS!!! but ur a mod..!!
here is my win scrneen in case u dumbt me

i won.jpg
 Description:
number shift win in case u doubt thy worthy one kevin da short
 Filesize:  88.58 KB
 Viewed:  9678 Time(s)

i won.jpg

Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

glad you liked them Smile And the number shift is not that difficult to beat, just takes some practice. Thing is once you beat it on 3x3 or 4x4, you can basically do any of them, just takes longer and is slightly harder when you get to the bottom.
I'll gladly make more, I just need the idea for another puzzle Smile
anyone got any suggestions?
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

heres an idea...... im the ideas man lately.... cool stuf...

basically make the green screen program having all those boxes.. except having to order them matching colors on all sides....
here is a pic ture represnetation.... also if you download the .zip file... my idea is that game, but colors to match.. not numbers / letters

also have game modes for 3x3, 4x4 and ultra hard 5x5
cuz this game idea would be hard at a highamount of boxes....

also being able to clcik + drag them mite be nicer because of the supreme dificulty...

-kevin

colormatch.jpg
 Description:
picture of my idea
 Filesize:  20.3 KB
 Viewed:  9666 Time(s)

colormatch.jpg

Tetravex.zip
 Description:
make a puzzle similiar to this game but using colors to match...
PS: i got this from Best Of Entertainment Pack, If u want the whole set of games PM me

Download
 Filename:  Tetravex.zip
 Filesize:  21.52 KB
 Downloaded:  289 Time(s)

Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the zip ain't working. Need the winutil.DLL file it says.

cool idea Smile I'll get working on that Very Happy
There are two ways of doing this: click and drag the boxes into place, or have them already in place and you spin them. Let me know which you think would be better, I'm going to start building the basis of the game.

EDIT: or a combination of both Smile
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

interesting. That's actually rather difficult. I thought up another puzzle to make though in the mean time while i think about yours. Its based on the game where you have a chess / checkers board and 8 pawns / checkers pieces and you have to arrange them so that no 2 are on the same row, column, or diagonal. The hard part is the checking for a victory. Lots of for statements goin' on right now Laughing
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 42 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: