Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Text Twist Version 2 (Acually Here)!!! YAY!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:06 pm   Post subject: Text Twist Version 2 (Acually Here)!!! YAY!

i though i would release this version and let ppl try out the idea... i still have some bugs... but the functionality is there.... it lets u win if you acually make 5 real words out of the 7 letters....
when its done it with be 10 to win... i made it ez for time being... for some odd reason my pause isn;t working too well... but meh....
also it isn;t displaying previous words cuz i havn;t got to there yet..
PS: i started this b4 pacman when i was a noob but then i scraped it and just did pacman.... but here it is,.,., after lots of work last 2 days..

Note: This game is similiart to the one by Yahoo, but has different game play... and different objective to win....

please post any comments / suggestions... they are very welcome

second note... that was stupid making the thread earlier...srry... sometimes i dont acually use my brain

texttwist.zip
 Description:
Version 2

Download
 Filename:  texttwist.zip
 Filesize:  509.64 KB
 Downloaded:  264 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, it won't let me enter assist as a word...
good job
oh yea, the next level doesn't work, when I say yes to the next level, it goes there, but then it ends immediately.
Stuck on level 2 forever.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you should defenately add keyboard input rether then clicking on the letters Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i first made it as letters but then i changed to mouse input cuz it lookz TEN times better... also cuz i was having issues....

in my dictionary file... (thx i will add assist)
if a word had 4 S's and you only had 3 u were still able to make it... so i scraped that.. plus its just easier...

why dont u like mouse too slow????

i kinda though the level 2 wouldn;t work to well.... got some restructuring to do to make that work.....;

DING! Idea Idea i got it... cool stuff... and a secondrat loop in game proc

proc game
loop
loop
tis way i can ask the 'playagain' in the outmost loop at the bottom..." good stuff

thx.. keep the comments comming..

also anyone like my cool little logo twisting effect???
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

+ Some bits , nice looking ( i dont really like it , but you did a good job ,had the moue and that entertained me) Very Happy Very Happy
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I had the same problem w/ it not changing levels properly.

Then, I said "n" to 'Next Level' and it did the whole ending thing.
Then, it hid the window, but apparently stayed running. I'm not sure if this is a delay problem, or a loop problem.
I'm running at 900MHz.

Well...+5 bits. More if you fix it.
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thx for the bits... yes i have been fixing it during english class / woodworking cuz wer on the computers rite now.... but i have been kinda busy...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: