Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Compsci v3
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Compsci + Flash + 3 =
(No ending time set)
Yes
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
No
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

Martin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:34 pm   Post subject: Compsci v3

Supposing that there was a remote possibility that somebody decided that it might be time for compsci.ca version 3, would you like the interface to be in flash? Note that the forums will still remain in PHP.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hell ya thats a sweet idea!
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Me no like flash, but we shall see how it turns out.

I hope it will not make load times to big.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
da_foz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Don't do flash. Noobs who are making their first site use flash, I think it gives a bit of a cheap feal.
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Not if it's done right.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i think we will have to w8 till the flash verson is done b4 we can realy pic btween them.

it is posbale (alougth unlikey if you look at the avg flash site) to make a good flash site.

also i dont think martion plans on making the HOLE site in flash just the menus.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
recneps

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or you could have em both in same folder or whatever (however it works) so when you post/view its reading the post from a common folder, so if you dot like flash you can still use V2 Wink
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dear god, compsci will lose 500+ hits if this site turns into a full flash site!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
poly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya if you go flash, also make a HTML version available cause you will probably loose some people (inless they just stay at forums)....but anyway on version 3 get rid of the NUke setup on main page
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

NUKE setup? this uses PHPBB not PHPNuke.

if you mean the flash screen on the first page you come to, then use it should be trashed, and just let the person be redirected tot he main page.
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

poly wrote:
Ya if you go flash, also make a HTML version available cause you will probably loose some people (inless they just stay at forums)....but anyway on version 3 get rid of the NUke setup on main page

This site doesn't use PHPNuke (that damm project has 1000 errors on it's on site :S). It uses a phpbb portal from phpbbhacks i think, and why get rid of it?
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Speaking of hits, we're at 662...we were at 1000 once!
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No flash please! It would take forever to load... Im on a tight time budget.
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow. People actually go to the main page then? What is there to see there? I always skip to the forums so you could go ahead and make the entire main page in flash (you can make it look really ugly) and I wouldn't mind a bit.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

flash sites bother me
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 32 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: