Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 C++ Compiler
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
josh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:26 pm   Post subject: C++ Compiler

What is the best software to use if I am jsut starting to leanr C++???
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

anything that has a drop down menu of methods and a good help file Laughing

I'm not sure how good MSDN is (its huge but mostly pointless) but VC++ has drop downs that show methods that objects have. I find that very helpful, especially when learning
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
josh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanx for the sugestions but do you know of any C++ software that won't cost me $600.00 lol Very Happy
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dev C++

or "Kazaa" C++ Laughing
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dev C++ is the best free choice
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what is a better compiler, borland or Dev C++ ...or is VC++ good?
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ive bought msc++ and borland c++ (i haven't trie dyet though). i like dev c++ a lot more than vc++ because its free, has updates, and is really simple. i don't like vc++ cuase i have had problems compiling stuff that works great in dev. I guess you should still get vc++ just because it is made by ms and because its software that you will probably get your "money" out of because of all the features, though if you download it, chances are you will now get the msdn. i still have vc++ and i don't like it as much as dev, even though it has more features. i think i just rambled. try it with dev first before you go and "buy" something because you don't want to waste your time, so make sure you like c++ first.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: