Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Game]Shooters
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
omni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:46 pm   Post subject: [Game]Shooters

This is a game combining the concepts of my starfield program and recoil program. It is a two player game. You choose your gun and shoot the other guy. It is from a top person view. Everytime you get shot, you get pushed back and you can't shoot for a while, depending on the gun (stopping power).

Almost done my game...

shoot.zip
 Description:
near final version

Download
 Filename:  shoot.zip
 Filesize:  529.73 KB
 Downloaded:  582 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, I liked the recoil system, that wasn't bad at all. You deserve bits for that. Too bad the game runs too fast on my computer, had to delay some for it work out nicely. Add some obstacles, add some other weapons, maybe grenades?

Kinda reminded me of EM when I first saw the game screen.

+20 bits
omni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

whats EM? Would I have to use cos or sin for the bouncing of the grenades, or would there be an easier way?
As for the more weapons, I hope to make counter terrorists and terrorists team, and each team has specific weapons that they can start off with; kinda like Couter Strike...
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

EM - Evasive Maneuvers, Mazer's game.

As for bouncing, you could do it anyway you wanted, but trig is an excellent tool for dealing with stuff that involves angles.

Obstacles might be a good idea, like you can hide behind stuff to dodge bullets, or go around a maze to find your opponent.

Another thing though, try to have rotation in this game. So far, it's just 4 directions only, try to have them rotate 360 degrees. You will definitely need trig for that.
omni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm working on 8 directions, but I don't know anything about trigonometry.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what school (since you are from windsor), what grade?
omni

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Massey grade 10
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm, that's strange...I thought we taught trig in gr 10...

I'm also assuming you didnt take the robotics course, because I know trig is the first thing they teach there...

Anyways, when you learn trig, you can improve your movement further, but it's pretty good with what you have now.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Fun...but your ammo doesn't reload when you pass over an ammo powerup...the counter that is displayed goes up, but the # of bullets in the holder doesn't go up...and you can't continue firing recklessly at your opponent.
omni

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I did that purposely, Delos. The ammo just gives you more clips. I guess I'll change that
omni

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

is it possible to draw straight lines with cos and sin? And does anyone have any tutorials about how to use cos and sin?
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes, it's possible to use cos and sin to draw straight lines. The best tutorial, however, is probably given by the enriched math teacher in our school, them with their "winding functions"....swear to God, I learned the damn winding function like 11 times now....

still, I wouldn't be able to teach you trig that easy, considering every single math tutorial site teaches the SOHCAHTOA way, and I learned it the "winding function" way. I know SOHCAHTOA, just not very good with it.
omni

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what the heck is sohcotoa?
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's God's gift to Massey students.
Sine = Opposite / Hypoteneuse
Cosine = Adjacent / Hypoteneuse
Tangent = Opposite / Adjacent
omni

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've added a somewhat funny looking 8 direction firing and added 2 more weapons and tried to make it look better.
I hope to add 360 turning next time, or enemy AI.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 8  [ 118 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: