Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Jet Chase After Burn
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:41 pm   Post subject: Jet Chase After Burn

******** I DID NOT MAKE THIS ****************

this is on the shared drive our school.... and i though i would share it with you.... someone made it for our compsci teacher.... its REALY sweet...

so yea... if you want source... PM me... and i might give it to ya... i learned lots of stuff by reading his code... ( i was a NOOB then )
but i wont be giving it out to someone unless i can trust you wont call it you own...

JetChase.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  JetChase.zip
 Filesize:  291.17 KB
 Downloaded:  378 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey thats pretty good, I liked the after burners, when you go forward it lights, I was just trying to figure out how to do that the other day.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i know who made this
he was back on the other forum (not swat)
i beleive he was happyhipposoft
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol Laughing why do I keep on getting this error with all the executables?
Quote:

column # is larger then MAXCOL
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

your resoluton is to low , i ould belive as a higer reslution monitor could support more rows , thast my guess
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
your resoluton is to low , i ould belive as a higer reslution monitor could support more rows , thast my guess

No, turing has a max of 25 rows and 80 columns if I'm not mistaken. That's why I never use locate (either use locatexy or Font.Draw).
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

max rows of 25 and maxcol of 80.... IS NOT THE MAX~!!!!
if you go

View.Set ("graphics:788;540") then it makes a full screen program and also makes it have 33 rows and 93 colunms i belive... so... make the size of window bigger if your getting colunm or row errors.... or you suck at programming... and are making the value too high jk Wink

anyways... you get more colunms... jujst size window different...

EI. My cool brownian program... i belive i made it full screen (for 800x600 RES)

mind you... you cant go exactly... cuz you got title bar + taskbar... and if you go all the way... tyhen you get a scroll bar... so that i why i go 788 and 540....
Tendulkar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

good job!

i m making the same jind of game for my final ISP. but i need help for shooting process. Can u tell me your shooting procedures.???
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if you read the first line of the first post... it would say" I DID NOT MAKE THIS"... but i can help you out though..

you want it so if u press a button it makes a bullet shoot???
maybe use,

var Control : array char of boolean
if Input.hasch then % sees if you pressed a button
Input.KeyDown (Control) % movment buttons % gets it to 'read' that buttons information
if Control (chr (115)) then % if its that character in this case s
musictogle % do this proceedure

you may have to make a process and fork it so your program will continue to run

hope that helps
sport

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Max Cols and Rows depend on the version sometimes. SOme versions have its max rows as 28 and some 25. JUst something I noticed doing a project at home at a school with different versions of Turing.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea... you can set that in the admin panel of turing (you need to know how to get in like me Wink) and you can set the default number of rows and colunms for the run window... i dont bother tho.... i set my window size first to this for almost every program ive made, and it makes the max row and col change...
%%%%%%%%% FIRST LINE OF PROGRAM%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
var wind : int := Window.Open ("graphics:788;540,title: Kevin's Cool Program,nobuttonbar,position:top;left")

%%%%so i can close window at end of program%%%%
Window.Close (wind)

For this window size i put the maxrow and maxcol to screen... so i can tell you all what it is....

Maximum Rows For 788x540 Res:33
Maximum Colunms For 788x540 Res:98
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

whenever i open my own windows, and then use Window.Close(win) it closes one window, but another one seems to open Confused

so i usually just go
loop
Window.Close(win)
end loop

is there another way around this?
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea.... that is happening because output is still being sent to window after Window.close is called...

make sure all processes, music, and other stuff have stoped running before closing the window
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
yea... you can set that in the admin panel of turing (you need to know how to get in like me Wink)

if by admin panel you mean the preferences.... Rolling Eyes
File -> Preferances

you can change the number of rows under the 'Run Window' tab.

not hard Very Happy
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no... the admin mode of turing...

you got to go to help file and read a bit to find out how.....
COUGH***read under teacher area***COUGH

here ill spil the beans...... Thank me later... this helps a lot to set the starting folder....anoying when it starts in program files every time
DO NOT DO THIS AT SCHOOL! You mite get in serious sh!t Wink Very Happy Laughing

you open ms-dos window (ADSB disaproves of it since kids are using netsend and bothering students)

you make you current directory or 'path' = the turing directory
like 'path=c:\progra~1\turing\
files or folder names canot exceed 8 characters, so... for program files, you cut it off at the 6th character and add ~1

then run

turing.exe -admin

and it will display a message saying your in admin mode... it then will save your pref's on the computer (once you change some stuff and exit)... it will get out of admin mode once turing closes.... .... ide check if your at school or something by exiting and re-entering to see if its still there.... if it still is... try repeating the process (turing.exe -admin)

in admin mode their is an extra tab in turing prefs called admin... you can set the starting folder of turing, disable music, disable drive acess plus more.... this only works that i know of, on version 4.04 and 4.05.... i havn;t used the other ones so i can tell you for shure

Here is a screenshot:
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

PS: this is getting a little off topic... but then again... if tony is talking.,... Laughing must be ok...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: