Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Video game music
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:09 pm   Post subject: Video game music

Does anybody know of a good place to get original soundtracks from games? Kazaa hasn't helped me much with this, and I couldn't find any torrent sites specifically for video game music.

Or, are there any really good torrent sites you know of?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sorry Mazer, can't tell you the torrent site that I am getting my game music off, since I'm using it for my final project. It would be weird if our game sounded the same. Laughing
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

C'mon Asian, don't be a Warez Whore... this is just for me to listen to, I don't plan on using stolen music in my game. Hopefully, a friend of mine will be composing the music for it. So give it. You can pm me the link if you don't want other people going there. And it damn well better not be suprnova because EVERYONE knows about that one.
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

for zelda songs:
http://www.memoriesofzelda.com/midis.php

i found some for video games but typing "video game midis" into google, you should try it, but here's one that may help:
http://www.vgmusic.com/
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sorry, I really should have clarified.
I meant real music. And while MIDIs can be classified as music, I don't really want to sit around doing work while letting various beeps and other synthesized sounds vandalize my ear. But don't get me wrong, MIDI songs used to be cool, back when we didn't know any bettr Wink
And I appreciate the help jonos. Claping <-- for lack of a "thumbs up" emoticon.
naoki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You're such a help whore Mazer. All take and no give. I thrust in anger towards your direction Evil or Very Mad

Anyways, try Overclocked Remix (searchable) or something. I think they mostly do remixes though, but some of them are high quality goods. They have all the big name songs, like stuff from Zelda, Sonic, Metroid, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Mega Man.

Also, why do we need music for our computer creation maker? Laughing
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

naoki wrote:
You're such a help whore Mazer. All take and no give. I thrust in anger towards your direction Evil or Very Mad

Shocked

naoki wrote:

Anyways, try Overclocked Remix (searchable) or something. I think they mostly do remixes though, but some of them are high quality goods. They have all the big name songs, like stuff from Zelda, Sonic, Metroid, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Mega Man.

Maybe not all. Anyways, I want the OST (for MGS) and I'm telling you, it's hell trying to find it. Actually I found it on a bunch of ftp servers but they're all something around 3 connections max. That's why I wanted it on Bit Torrent somewhere.

naoki wrote:
Also, why do we need music for our computer creation maker? Laughing

Because you're stupid. Nobody said anything about using it for the computer creation project, the only thing close to using it for a project is when AS thought I'd be using the music in my final project. You're all wrong and no right. Damnit, naoki, stop being a wrong whore.

PS: Please send me your computer creation project so I can verify that it works on various platforms and ensure it is completely bug free.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, quit being a project whore, I am also in need of the computer design project so I could it as an example to teach several people that are currently learning Windows API programming under me, whom shall remain unnamed for undisclosed reasons.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: