Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 chess proggy
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
zylum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:08 pm   Post subject: chess proggy

i decided that im going to attempt to make a chess program for my isu... the 2 player mode should be easy enough but im also going to make AI... this is what i have so far for the 2 player mode... sorry about the poor graphics... i have to fix them so that there arent any white spaces in the middle of them so that the picMerge doesnt gay up. anyways, so far ive got the pawns, knights, bishops, and rooks to move properly... still gotta do the queens, king and check for checks, check whos move its is, and all the other fancy stuff like en passent, castling etc....

and sorry for it not being open source... this is probably going to be my isu so i dont want anyone to copy it. ill post the source after the end of the semester.

-zylum
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
guruguru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Woah Shocked !!! That looks pretty sweet!!! Can't wait to see the final edition Razz !!!
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow, thats amazing, at my level, I wouldn't even know how to start a program like that. I like how you've got the movement well, so that it won't move if theres something it a pieces path. Really good job.
P.S. I like the graphics.
P.P.S When I closed it, it said "Runtime error on line 127, array subscript out of range"
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea... zylum.... i bet it took u 30 mins to make this... ur pro... this program is already WICKED..... u just need to finish kind / queen./.... nice ... very nice.... and also... i got the array subscript out of range error when i tried to move window / maximize / exit.... its cuz its on a fork... must be... since clicking on the title (engine run window) pauses the program... but doesn;t pause the forks...
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I find its running very slow on my computer. the music playing at the time pauses for several seconds on end a few times while running the program. Is that just me?

BTW, the graphics are great. Don't apoligize for them Smile
zylum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

seems to run fine for me... i made it so that it only draws one pic every loop unless your holding a peice, then it only draws 2 pics per loop... also, the error that you guys are getting is probably because when you click, it checks whether there is a peice where you clicked and i forgot to disable it when you click off the board -_-

btw, i never use processes unless it's 100% necessary...
sport

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey nice program. I tried to do a chess game a year ago and I got to the stage where you are able to play with another person, but an AI for chess is very difficult, because if the user makes a move that is not the best move and is found rare then you are in trouble. Basically it is very complex and there are many possibilities.

Maybe you'll have better luck. It works great thus far.
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

for a good AI for ches it takes 10000000000 lines of code.... seriously... prob around 3000
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You also need annoying music and sound effects *beep beep*
Tendulkar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

great job!
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i like it Very Happy
have ... 24 bits
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

is paul bian hinting that i have anoying sound effect.... cuz if thats true....hell have trouble.... hows production on your AI so far zylum,??? any progress???
zylum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i really didnt get a chance to work on my chess program this week since my computer was being homosexual but i managed to add sounds and all the peices now work.... now i just need to fix the graphics(they have holes in them) and need to add special moves like enpassent and castling, but that requires a history of moves since you can only castle and do enpassent under certain conditions and id need to check the history of the game to see whether the move is legal... once that is done, i'll start working on a one player version with AI...

btw, the file is in the first post is updated...

-zylum
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: