Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 IS this possible?
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:30 pm   Post subject: IS this possible?

i play guitar, is it possible in VB to take input from the guitar(through the line in on the computer), run it through a filter(effects) and then output through the speakers?

well i guess my main question is, can i run the sound from the guitar through a filter and get output
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well i've tried hookinh my guitar to my mic input of my computer and nothing came out... but i know that if i go from my guitar to my amp then to my computer it will work...
but if u wanna go from guitar to computer and do effects on it, u must be an expert about sounds...
recneps

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You need a special adapter or something, i believe its called a MIDI device adapter or something along those lines, it records information from musical instruments Smile
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ohh hooking it up to the comp is no problem at all, i just plug it into the line in on my soundcard, i have an adapter on it that brings it down to like a headphone size.

but say like if i found a filter for guitar on the internet, could i make a program to sound the input from the guitar and put it through the filter, and then put the output of that filter through the speakers. i can make it play through the speakers fine, just gotta put it through a filter Confused
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yes... as i mentioned... u'll need to either hook it up to a pedal b4 computer or an amp b4 computer...
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, hooking it up to the pedal, and then to the computer...kinda defeats the purpose of making a program for effects. i have no problem playing guitar through my computer, hook it up to the line in and it plays through the speakers. no amp or pedal needed.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u hook it up to mic port right?
doesn't work for me =(
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no, not the mic port. my soundcard had a line in, line out, and a mic port.
i hook it up to the line in, and it plays through my speakers. and it works in my mic port to, it just sounds like shit. lol
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i know there are extra tools that you can get (like sound stopping/pausing/playing), but i haven't used vb in a while and im not too good with it, but something there may help you. (sorry, i completely forget where to access it, it just gives you more tools to work with (like text boxes and whatnot but better)).
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

if your thinking of

MMControl1.Command="Play"
MMControl1.Command="Stop"
MMControl1.Command="Stop"

i know how to use that, but for the deviceType what would i specify it as to get from the line in on my soundcard?!?1
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i found it: project >> components, there may be something there that will allow you to do what you want to do.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i know it is posable in java with the java sound api so u whould think M$ whould have tryed to rip it off for VB in some way. if not u could probaly use J++ witch is much like VB but with java code insted.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: