Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 speech recognition
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:18 pm   Post subject: speech recognition

I just got this speech recogintion thing for MS word, and after 10 min of training the computer, it can get like 90% of what I say right. And its smart too, if you were just mumbling random words, the accuracy is off, but in context its really accurate! Who else uses this?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lazy...
recneps

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Lol, i would call that a flame! jk Smile
I used to have it a looooooong time ago when it was new and could only recognise like 50% of what you say. But im sure lots of big businesses use it all the time Smile
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have used it and it did not work at all for me. may be 10%-30% of the time. i could use it to navaget but not to replace typing.

speaking of voice recongtion has any one tryed out the java API for it? i was thinking of doing some stuff with it and was wnodering how well it works and how hard it is to use.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

^don't know what you're talking about

ive never used it, but iveheard that its really bad.
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:53 am   Post subject: Re: speech recognition

Paul Bian wrote:
I just got this speech recogintion thing for MS word, and after 10 min of training the computer, it can get like 90% of what I say right. And its smart too, if you were just mumbling random words, the accuracy is off, but in context its really accurate! Who else uses this?

what's it's name and where can i get it?
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:40 pm   Post subject: Re: speech recognition

Paul Bian wrote:

Oh yea, oops, I downloaded it off of where my dad works, its an option when you install office XP, so if you "buy" office XP, you can have it.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No wories, already had it --- it sucks--- i trained it for 15 mins it did understand some words, but when i say 'shutup' it takes it as 'setup'
and some other words don't work (compsci) only line that works perfectly is 'microsoft sucks' Confused

*HELP*: Idk i was messing around with this thing and now i lost the 'language bar' in my 'toolbars' in the explore-- thing- how do i get it back?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea... tahts sweet talkign into your computer to make it type... my friend had it (Dragon Naturally Speaking)... it was cool... i like how they have that for SOCOM and stuff... with the ps2 head set you can order your troopz around... like... "you 2 fighters ATTACK" and they will start fighting or something... thats cool... i gota get me that..

also... those tablet PC's have it eh.... its a labtop, its a Palm pilot... and it has voice recognition.. also its a drawing board... those things would kick
now i want one... (rotation of screen rotates text... taht KICKS)
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
No wories, already had it --- it sucks--- i trained it for 15 mins it did understand some words, but when i say 'shutup' it takes it as 'setup'
and some other words don't work (compsci) only line that works perfectly is 'microsoft sucks' Confused

*HELP*: Idk i was messing around with this thing and now i lost the 'language bar' in my 'toolbars' in the explore-- thing- how do i get it back?

I have no idea, though speaking clearly, 90% of it works for me, because you have to speak in context, speaking individual non related words lower its accuracy. But if you, say, read off of a newspaper, it works great.
oh yea the language bar I dunno
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It works for me is i speak like..
My --- name --- is --- ha --- ha ---- ha ---

also, is it possiable to download the trial for Dragon Naturally Speaking?
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yup, there are many in stock in the store called kazaa lite.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I mean from a website....
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well thats an uncertainty, maybe on some private FTP, you can look it up in warez forums, forums that do requests or ppl post back doors and private FTPs, one example is
www.warezforum.net
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea... funny/... thre are plenty in stock at a store called kazaa lite... i like... i like alot... yea i got all Doomz (1,2,TNT,plutonia) and RCT... im shure they got Dragon naturally speaking there.... why would u go to Warez.... <<< they have lots of virus, pop-up, and hackers that hack ur comp..
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 26 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: