Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Mozilla
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
apomb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:12 pm   Post subject: Mozilla

who uses mozilla and why can't i see the effects on ppl's names (MY OWN!) Evil or Very Mad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i use firefox and glows/shadows are not supported Razz I still prefer it over IE
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I think its only IE

Go Mozilla FireBird/Fox/Shark
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ya all other browsers are good, just IE is the worst Very Happy
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:27 am   Post subject: Re: Mozilla

CompWiz333 wrote:
why can't i see the effects on ppl's names (MY OWN!) Evil or Very Mad

Because the people who created Mozilla predicted this whole "name effect" garbage and programmed the browsers to not allow it. Bless their souls.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

how is IE the worst? Also, how is firefox better?

I'm genuinly asking, by the way. I use IE and find it to be fine. It does everything I want. But I've never used firefox or even netscape much, so I don't have anything to compare it with.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Off the top of my head, there's tabbed browsing, mouse gestures... the fact that it isn't microsoft somehow adds alot to the browser. 8)
And the image blocking just owns.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
how is IE the worst? Also, how is firefox better?

I'm genuinly asking, by the way. I use IE and find it to be fine. It does everything I want. But I've never used firefox or even netscape much, so I don't have anything to compare it with.

*Cervantes, one of those who are being controled by M$s brian controler (AKA IE Laughing )*

IE -> Good:
NULL

Mozilla/FireFox - Good:
- Tabbed browsing
- No pop ups
- You can block images/sites
- It's faster then IE
- it even looks better then IE (can change skins also Very Happy)
- Has some cool plugins.
- Easy way to search google, to check your spelling (gooogle and dict in the url bar)
- so much more--
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony / mazer / amailer / anyone else who uses firefox, are you using firefox 0.8?
I did a search on google for it and found the firefox 0.8 product page. It says some stuff like it may not work well enough to be relied upon as your primary browser. It should not be relied upon for mission- critical tasks.

Should it? Also, is that the one you guys are using?
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
tony / mazer / amailer / anyone else who uses firefox, are you using firefox 0.8?
I did a search on google for it and found the firefox 0.8 product page. It says some stuff like it may not work well enough to be relied upon as your primary browser. It should not be relied upon for mission- critical tasks.

Should it? Also, is that the one you guys are using?

hMm well, if IE tell's their users how good IE really is for doing work--- im pritty sure pretty it will give about 100 reasons why you should never use their product (btw, i don't think it's not that stable at all... i guess in case of an error they just put it there ;D)
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I used firefox, but I couldn't see the glows and it seems to load the pages slower. The problem with IE on my slow computer is, that it seems to get slower as I use it for a long time and take up more RAM.
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes - 0.8 is the latest version as of now. And I haven't experienced a problem with FireFox yet Very Happy

The reason they have that warning there is because FireFox is still in development stages (its releace being prior to 1.0) so they don't want you to rely on it for 'mission critical' tasks...

I imagine that if you work for NASA and want to write a spaceprobe control app in a .Net language... mozilla doesn't want you to run it through their browser Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool! I'm off to download it then Smile
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oooOOOoOOoO I like it Very Happy Love the tabs. Is there a hotkey for opening a link in a new tab? Like in IE (and in Firefox) if you hold shift and click the link it opens in a new window. Is there one like that for tabs?
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
Is there one like that for tabs?

hold down Ctrl then click
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 4  [ 48 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: