Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 PC Remote Control
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:10 pm   Post subject: PC Remote Control

This is a new project i'm working on. An internet remote control that allows you to access your computer over the internet Very Happy
here's a screenshot of what i've don so far
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

http://www.geocities.com/stmxpm/sc1.bmp
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Please feel free to share your suggestions... Smile
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well first of all, I cant view your screenshot for some reason or other. says something about site not being available for viewing Confused

as for idea itself... maybe you should try language other then turing for it? a friend of mine was able to format his computer from a cellphone Wink He used some scripting language though, dont remember which one.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think i should use another program to make this program but it's gonna take me some time to learn other languages and i dont wanna wait that long... and i think i can make this program work
MysticAngel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice screenshot
jamez

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what exactly does it do so far?

its easy to make a telnet type server/client if thats what you are attempting
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i'm not completely sure what a telnet is so here's a demo of unfinished remote control just so u can see what it'll look like.

remote control.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  remote control.zip
 Filesize:  321.58 KB
 Downloaded:  1089 Time(s)

Tony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

telnet is the largest world-wide network to which a ton of computers is hooked up to. If you're a beginner hacker, thats the place to start Wink

its basically a text-based interface between two computers where you can send commands to the other machine to execute for you.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Asok

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

There are allready solid applications to use for remote access, such as Tight VNC http://www.tightvnc.com/ I don't really see how one in turing would have any advantages.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

oh i know what it is...
it's that thing when you type telnet in dos mode it gos to that mode... yeah i've worked with it before. well my program is quiet similar basicly there's 2 parts :server and client. The client sends commands to the server then server processes it and sends back the result and that's how it works Smile
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Any program made by turing sux and it cant have any advantages over programs made by powerful programs such as c and java... So why use turing at all?!huh? =Þ Laughing
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

telnet...muds...mmm Very Happy
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not bad... alot of flashing tho
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:59 pm   Post subject: better version

here's a better version prince no more flashing but it's not all ccg it has some standard GUI in it Embarassed

total GUI.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  total GUI.zip
 Filesize:  322.71 KB
 Downloaded:  835 Time(s)

haujobb

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 4:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
telnet is the largest world-wide network to which a ton of computers is hooked up to. If you're a beginner hacker, thats the place to start Wink

its basically a text-based interface between two computers where you can send commands to the other machine to execute for you.

lol, thats telenet, telnet is an program that allows you to connect to remote systems...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: