Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Source codeanyone??
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
G-lant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:15 pm   Post subject: Source codeanyone??

Does anyone know of/or have a program that can get the source code from other programs?? I need to to get the source from a bunch of turing and java programs that my teacher,friend, and classmates made.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

first of all, don't link to other posts from other useless posts.

what you want is a decompiler and they are easy enough to get (at least for java). and because you told us what you are going to use it for, which is cheating and proclaiming yourself an idiot, i will not help you, and i hope that other people will not help you. if this is for cheating purposes, you shouldn't be taking a compsci class, because you are lazy and should figure these things out. s

some mod should lock this, you should be ashamed opf your stupididty.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well there's still some skill needed to decompile a program and then make it look good and as your own Thinking Anyways, it is easy enough to come across a java decompiler, but the source code isn't preaty. You need to know what you're doing to get it to work.

As for turing - there're no decompilers available. And even if someone ever makes it, it will decomiple into C++ source
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont think it is reasnobly posable to make or find a c++ or c decompiler becuse it is not like java where it is all standersied and a decompiler whould have to be wirten for each compiler there is and for each verson. Also all thous libs whould have to be wirten in. it may be posable to make a progame that generates a posable code given output but it whould be way off and only whould reporduce the output andnot the fuctaiontly. becuse turing is very much like or based on (depends on the verson) c++ the same porblems whould be persdent.

alougth java decompilers work gr8 and there are some that give you a good repeastion of the code minus the coments. (gr8 fun for isp class where you get a compilered jar file to mess with [HA HA HA who says thous robots can't turn right now!!! <inside joke for any one who has used the java book "Robots">])
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The best thing you can hope for in the case of a native binary is a disassembler which can tell you which instructions the computer is executing.
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i must mention, it is possible to encrypt the java bytecode, thus rendering you program impossible to decompile.. now this if possible is very difficult in c/c++ (or any native application for that matter) Smile
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well c/c++ dose not realy need it b/c it is hard enogth to decompile with out any ecription as it is.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: