Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP] PacMan by: Shorty Software <Get It Here (Updated)
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

My game is...
(No ending time set)
Amazing..
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Good...
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
Needs Improvement...
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Sucks...
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Average
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

indeed it is. Short thats fishy!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that was before i got revealed.... o well... only 1... but seriously.... maverick gave it an Needs improvment cuz i had an error with installer... taht should have been a good. or average... or maybe even amazing...
so... its all good... also... will everyone keep bugging me about that till the day i die... waht the big deal so i have 2 accounts... boo hoo...i not the only one... i know a couple others who have more then one... but i wont reveal them

New version is uploaded now....
New stuff:

Pause button: 'p', right click anywhere to resume
Boss Key: 'esc', pauses and removes window, right click to resume
Added another question at start: View read 1st.txt
Added a sound on off button during game: 's' to disable / enable
Added 3 new high scores
Updated my information text file

PS: Bits are nice... please and thank you

PLEASE READ THE Read 1st.txt !!!!!!!!!!
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

.... hmmm it seems that some little SH!t face whent around to all the polls and gave everyone as "sucks" rating....

i would realy apreciate it if you gave me a 'sucks' or 'needs improvement'
to acually POST your thoughs / comments
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Haha, maybe he tried to give you the second to worst rating, but you had put average after sucks and messed up the order from best to worst and he got confused Very Happy.
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dan added the Average for me... i canot mod pollz.... also... i have Needs improvement.. that is second to worst... anyways... someoen did that to all FP contest submitions... so it was and evil person...

like common... who would say that my game SUCKS... realy... it may not be the greatest game in the world... but it dont suck...

maverick gave me the needs improv because my installer failed to work properly...... i am a gInstall noob... ... i am currently trying to learn it better so i can add a complete GUI like in the Uninstaller... but its rough
apomb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

UUUM i finished and won in the shortest time, yet i was farther down on the list, it seems the longer you take, the higher score you get... it was the greatest version yet!!! *cough* thanks to me *cough* Very Happy
Amazing man ... GOOD JOB!
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you need to go after those evil dudes with a VENGENCE.... also you gota get hte bonus banana for a good score... thx compwizz
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that is awesome. best game i have yet to play in turing, seriously.

great music and sound effects, and your voice, though it gets kindof annoying, adds to the professionalism of it. The gameplay rocks, its very smooth, its fast, nice graphics, nice intro.

the only bad things:
the ending effects of the rectangles takes a long time, as well, the black rectangles take a long time. and only one other thing, the enemies can go through walls, but it would be hard to keep them on a path, or at least difficult.

all in all, an amazing game, and you should start on a nother game, cause im sure it would be equallyu awesome.

edit:
oops, my highscore: 77 for time, 1930 for score
there was no banana Sad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

best game ive ever playd for turing was evasive maneuvers
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ty jonos... now all i need is one more highscore... and the table will be full...

the banana apears at 500 points... and stays for roughly 20 seconds..its not very acurate cuz i dont have it on real time... only on game time...
i am thinking of ways to do it tho,... like

bananatimer := total time (min*60 + counter)
if totaltime (min*60+counter) = bananatimer + 10 then
% draw a box over banana and call it a day.. lol...
else
get score if your on top of it..
end if

but....meh... i will decrease the delay for ending visuals... thx jonos

and maybe i will do that... also... i might do that for the killevil dude timer.. as that is not very acurate either... i tried.. but meh.. ive worked enough on pacman... i will start making my next game.... i started development when i was a nooby and i stoped cuz i needed to lear more... but pac man was FUn to program... so i made it isntead... i should finish my Text Twist game... (its a remake of the one by yahoo)...
now that i can program...

and i will check out that evasive manuvers game...
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i am currently half making 4 other programs.... 2 of which are full games.. release date for 1 of them is...:
march 31th.... i hope..
recneps

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You REALLY like to spam, dont you... i mean the last 3 posts are by you, and only 2 of em are related to the FP..... anyways, i would like to add, that yes, someone is going to all the fp's and adding "sucks" votes... lol
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

now... If you dont like the idea of installing my game... even though you can trust me not to screw with your comp, here is the game, without an installer, in zip format... (someone suggested i do that)

PS: i updated it a bit, removing the Stop Music Question, and replacing it with PM me at compsci... since music will not stop anyways cuz its looped,
and added more high scores...

fixed a glitch where, after i made the boss key and pause key work.. taht made sound on / off not work and all sound effects not work, also made it turn off sound when you pause / boss key, also fixed it so ty for trying program plays sound, i had it too close to Music.PlayFileStop b4.. also i made it ask you if you want to open the read first, from within the game

i also updated the installer one too.. on the first page

PacMan Semi-Final.zip
 Description:
Updated Pac Man, This is without the installer, if you dont like installers... :evil:

Download
 Filename:  PacMan Semi-Final.zip
 Filesize:  955.52 KB
 Downloaded:  453 Time(s)

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I like this one better, because of the pause and because of my name in the game.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very nice. However, I would like to see some more work, because I think there is still room for improvements. My thoughts on the gameplay:

1. In the real Pacman, the baddies dont go through the walls. I think this would be a major improvement to gameplay, although yes, it would mean lots of work.

2. When I played the enemies moved far too slow to be any sort of threat. In the 0:55 it took for me to win they had moved less than 1cm from their starting places; and it was hard to get the dots in the corners because the baddies were on top of them almost.

3. Your effects are nice, but I think you should speed them up a bit. My PC is 2.4ghz, and i suspect if it was slower I would have to go with the slow option, or the wipe effects would take a while to complete.
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 36 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: