Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Too Quiet!
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:54 am   Post subject: Too Quiet!

Come on everybody, wake up and start programming!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Blade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

about what? i dont think its worth the time to make an rpg in turing, or anything like that... any suggestions?
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Why don't you think it's worth it?
Blade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

because its too slow, i cant even make a megaman game out of it.. Sad
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing's not too slow, you've just gotta find ways around it. View.Update is definately slow though, so don't wield it like a sword (or lightsaber/other slashing object).

On second thought, turing is pretty slow.
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, no matter what i do i cant seem to be able to multi-task with it... i cant have 2 things running at the same time... unless its in the same loop.. but if i want input processed or something like that, with movement of a character of some type, its not gonna work because the loop i'd be using would be in the big loop, and its not going to continue the process of the character while i'm processing the information

lol i know its confusing but i know what i mean
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you can easily do games and such using one large loop, i once (a month ago) made a full overhead shooter with full animations,power-ups,dozens of enemies,weapons and effects using one loop
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah... you dont need to process that much info for the movement or anything. Signle loop should be fine. There shouldnt be enough delay to even notice anything
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
FwuffyTheBunny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, me and blade r the ones working on the megaman and yeah, it has usm glitches. One of whiuch is that the bad guy floatd and attackes while u are on the ground and can jump move left/right jump and shoot. Now the bad guy fires a laser and it works ok, but when he goes to move from the left side of the screen the game runs REAL slow and stays slow even after hes done moving. Also when ur man shoots it runs slow but it returns to normal after it has completed. So any suggestions on how to make this better?
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey Catalyst, id like to see that game of urs (if its not too much trouble... and as long as it can run with turing 3.11)
Office of the Registar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what do you program in Prince?
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

umm... turing Confused
Lone]2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lolololololol =S

u suck office of registar! Rolling Eyes
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: