Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Your Biggest Program??? Question To Everyone.
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:31 pm   Post subject: Your Biggest Program??? Question To Everyone.

Hi all i though i would start something new...a
"Your Longest Program" thread...

Instructions:
Post the program name, language used, then the number of lines of code,

i will start:

PacMan v4.8, Turing, 2865 Lines
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my friend made a chess proggy for his final project (last semester) and it was over 5000 lines... (with AI)
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

A wee bit off topic , but that really dosent count , for the chess thing , cause most of the code is repeated for different plays , i mean i could make a program that dose something 5000 times but just a little different each time , and it wouldnt really be worth all that code ,
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im not sure i understand what youre trying to say...
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well take for instance my blakjack , i had to code every single card , i dont find that to actualy count as code , its just repeating the same code with a few different variations for each of hte 52 cards , the real code is what makes the program rund and hte ai , ive had programs with 2000 lines of code and only a 40 line main program that ran all the code , so really it was only 40 lines of code ( thats how i see it ) , many people see it very differently
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well if you hard code everything then it doesnt count... you really shouldnt have anything repeating in a "good" or "efficient" program
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea.... also what lanuage was that made in, and this is YOUR longest program/./.. also.... chess dont count... its lame and with ENDLESSS amounts of code.. but tell that kid,... he kicks ass tahts a TON of work..

Please follow intructions...
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well... the longest program i have made was my asteroids game. its multiplayer and it has a high score list. its only 667 lines long done in turing... second longest is my isometric engine and its 242 lines long (also in turing) I may have made longer programs in flash but im too lazy to check Laughing

-zylum
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

HARDCODE or SOFTCODE... either way you had to type it... my program has more lines then it needs to... i am not "the GREATEST" programer... cuz i dont know many advanced functions....so i have some repeating stuff for wall boundaries.... so... hardcode of me is prob 2000...

shorthair... wut about ur target shooter... how many lines???
count all liens as code... unless you use like TONS of % and spaces
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hummm... have had made so many long ones. but the one that pops in to my head was:

QFTB an rpg in turing

was 145 pages of code, i think some where near 6000 lines

also had other files for maps witch where not in any languge but toke some time to wirte up.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I made a site (first) in php with over 5000+ lines of code.
Note: the whole site was in 1 page ;D
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

crzy... this is getting interesting... finding out the enormous amounts of code for some programs...
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

It's been a long time, but I think Evasive Maneuvers was around ~3270 lines of code. Of course, if people weren't stupid and I were allowed to take grade 12 compsci then, I would've known about classes and all kinds of crazy shizza to make EM quite a bit more efficient. But then, I wouldn't be in grade 12 compsci now, and I wouldn't be learning C++...
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Solar System Engine(best name i could give it Laughing );C++ w/OpenGL;~11000 lines of utility code so far. It's still in its early stages so i expect it to be roughy 20000 lines when its done. Some my recent turing submissions have been simplifications of some of the code im writting for this(e.g packfile, curve)

My longest completed program was my 2nd 3D Engine w/ C++ and OpenGL at 9502 lines
Maverick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Monopoly in Turing. 1200 lines of code.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: