Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Dual Monitors
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:13 am   Post subject: Dual Monitors

My friend has two monitors hooked up to his computer, a 19" lcd and a 15" lcd runnning on a 9800 pro. Is there any way to get it so that each desktop has a unique background?

Hah, I know the specs don't matter, but it's fun to know people are gaping.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

no , if you want that , you need to do what i do, have 2 towers like i do , BUT you can cheat it, if you get 2 pictures and merge them together , and them apply it as your background , it will stretch across goth screens , all you would nee to do is get the merge right at the edge of hte screen
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ive seen those at my school but its realy old. one side you code on and the other side makes it show up, i don't know what language buts its really old and slow and no one uses it anymore. shorthair, do you use a kvm for switching between comps>?
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i used to have 3 monoters hoked up to one comp and i think i was able to make the back grounds diffrent by using a webpage as a backgourd and then doing some wired html code.

u can get a progame that will make a computer act as 2nd monotore for another computer, that may be how your school is doing that jonos.

Edit: was just thinking did u mean 2 diffrent backgourps of difrent imgs as in having one app on one screen and one on the other drakness?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nvida has this option that you can have diffrent desktops ;D so if you got two screens maby you....actually nvm i guess that won't work also lol
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

answer to dan's question:

it was a whole single computer, with only the one programming language on it. there were no other programs, and i think the one which showed the program interpreted the code as you wrote it or something or when you told it to run it, so that you could see what you are trying to do. i've never used it and it just really sits in the comp engineering teacher's computer museum where few have been (save I). it's one whole unit too, i thought it was conjoined tvs at first.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow that is wired
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: