Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Are you really a Geek? EDIT: The "Answer" is up
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
da_foz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:08 pm   Post subject: Are you really a Geek? EDIT: The "Answer" is up

"So, I was walking around campus the other day and I saw a Volkswagen beetle whos licence plate was 'feature'."

That is the one statement geek test. Please don't give it away if you have seen it before. I'll post the answer in a couple of days for those who don't get it. I got it from slashdot a while back.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what am i supposed to be looking at here?
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its probably a riddle or soemthing.
da_foz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maverick wrote:
what am i supposed to be looking at here?

Yes, it is a riddle or something. You are not a geek. The first line is "the statement".
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Fuck I give up.
da_foz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Darkness wrote:
**** I give up.

LOL, you will just have to wait a bit then. I'll try to remember to post the hidden meaning before I go out of town this weekend (leaving Friday morning).
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"feature" ?
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

After about an hour of searching on google I *think* I get it. I have way too much time on my hands.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
da_foz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Darkness wrote:
After about an hour of searching on google I *think* I get it. I have way too much time on my hands.

Wow.

I just don't have anything else to say to that.

I will post the 'answer' late tonight or tomorrow morning.
da_foz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Are you really a Geek? Look in here to find out

da_foz wrote:
"So, I was walking around campus the other day and I saw a Volkswagen beetle whos licence plate was 'feature'."

Its a feature, not a bug.

The funny thing is that I was looking around the Spam forum and the 'answer' is one of the quotes in the quote thread.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:01 am   Post subject: Re: Are you really a Geek? Look in here to find out

da_foz wrote:

Laughing it's funny, but I had to think for a while even after you gave the answer Confused I don't think I would have ever gotten this one on my own Thinking
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
jonos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i still didn't get it until i thought it over in metal shop (which is an awesome course), and because of it i almost messed up my threading.
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Are you really a Geek? Look in here to find out

da_foz wrote:
da_foz wrote:

The funny thing is that I was looking around the Spam forum and the 'answer' is one of the quotes in the quote thread.

I still don't get it, I would like to know the answer, and the above is all you posted...
are you telling us to look in spam?
BTW Check my post number
jonos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

evil evil evil!!!!!! paul in the devil reincarnated. everyone run for your lives...
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:10 am   Post subject: Re: Are you really a Geek? Look in here to find out

Paul Bian wrote:
I still don't get it, I would like to know the answer, and the above is all you posted...
are you telling us to look in spam?

A Volkswagen Beetle is sometimes called a bug. If you make, say a game for example, and someone plays it a finds something really weird in it that probably shouldn't happen, what would you do? Clearly you aren't going to admit you made a mistake, and instead will cover it up, claiming that it is a feature of the game and not a bug.
As another example, if you are making a Galaxian type game and every once in a while you see a red line flash across the screen (when it clearly shouldn't be happening), you might try saying something like "That's just the invisible boss shooting at you."
Paul Bian wrote:
BTW Check my post number

No, you check mine.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: