Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3d Tutorials?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:27 pm   Post subject: 3d Tutorials?

Would anybody be interested in seeing a series of 3d engine tutorials for turing?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes, definitely. It could even be 3d in general, not nesscerily turing.

and what happened to you 3d engine source catalyst?
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i took it off for some reason....
Really dont remember why
Ill repost it eventually

If i write them ill do it so the code examples will be in turing but the explantions , maths and such will be generic, also where would i post these tutorials? turing tuts? general prog?
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that would be awsome catalyst, really helpful to the guys that really aspire to game making , id love to see tutorials on 3d
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, if it is turing examples, then you might as well put it in turing tutorials then. I am really looking forward to this.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

One more question, should i make these full out real 3d like what is used in ogl (such as matrices, and other advanced material,still in turing tho) or a scaled back version like my turing engine?
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

uhm....good point, if you put complex math in there, many people won't be able to understand, but if you watered it down, other programmers will not get the full benefits of the tutorial. Maybe you could do start with a simple version, and when everyone has an grasp of the basics, move on to the more complex version. You did mention a series right? So is it too much to ask if you could post both? the simple, followed by the advanced?
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm that sounds like the best way to do it
i think ill start this soon
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
recneps

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

start witha "3D for Dummies" then work your way more and more complex Very Happy
WhatAmIDoing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:08 am   Post subject: ya

ya that's a good idea. I could really use some help on 3d i just don't get it. also what about a 3d animation program (eg. gmax, 3d viz) how could i get them in my programming
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya and if my school wasn't sooo cheap and had internet i could submit my java 3d engine... or maybe i'll just copy it on a floppy and bring it home Rolling Eyes
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool i can't wait to see it.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: