Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 PanMan Semi-Final Version<<<Its In The FP Contest
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:05 am   Post subject: PanMan Semi-Final Version<<<Its In The FP Contest

MY NEWEST VERSION is in the FP Contest Forum Look There
the one in FP contest is v4.9
the one on my site is v3.5

www.geocities.com/the_short22/turing
Link to pacman is there.... my file is at a shaw server...
UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH

ENJOY!!! now with a little gui, enemy can kill u, new layout, and i was hoping for invincibility but it dont realy work,,,,

TRY IT!!!! cool for a 3rd beta i think..., and i only in gr.10..... ANY COMMENTS REALY APRECIATED!!!!!

2200 LINES OF CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, its really great, if this was a FP you should submit it in the contest, I really liked the intro, but didn't like the expanding window as much. Also, in the old pac man, didn't the thing keep going in the direction you move? not having to continously move, I didn't really like the fact that the monster could go thru walls, and I could not. But otherwise this is great.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yhea i took Rapscallion;s Code for tracker...
and i didn;t like original pac man with continous movement... this keeps you on ur toes more... plus i dont want to change movement for PacMan .... too much coding/...

i have made it so u cant walk thru walls... i havn;t added features to make enemy not walk thru walls...

im am debating wether to put time into wall boundaries.. or make a new AI where i dont need them at all...

Anyways Thanks for the comments..

want me to make the window expand faster????

and to realy get the feel of game u should purposely loose as there are more graphics + sound.... i am going to release a new prog today. (its 1am) that randomly puts MSN emots...

also i am going to make a turorial today...HOPEFULLY

so bear with me.....

but yea...( i did it...) version 3... u can die.!!!.... i am working on a few bugs with Invincibility... and also sound....

if someone can help me fix problem of sound i will add your name is credits...

here is my code for pausing backround musik to have a sound effect play.. like transsport or die.,..

CODE: (bits here and there)

process musik % Process for musik
if mus = "y" then
Music.PlayFile ("wav/backroundbeat.mp3")
end if
end musik

% while later i fork it to play in backround
if mus = "y" then
fork musik
end if
% Then later in program where i have a sound effect i do this...
if mus = "y" then
mus := "no"
Music.PlayFileStop
Music.PlayFile ("wav/teleport.wav")
end if
if mus = "no" then
mus := "y" % reset backround musik
fork musik
end if
------------------------\
my question: is there a way of doing this without reseting the song.....
righht now i dont hear past the first 20 sec's cuz it restarts....whenever i go thru teleport,extra life,die ETC

I want it to pause musik, play sound effect, then resume where i pause...
PM if you want whole program code..if you a Programmer or higher rank

Thanks in Advance and if you can help (significantly), ur name will be in Credits..

shorty EDIT: I found a way to do this, in new turing version you can music.playfileloop a .mid file... then music.playfilereturn a sound effect .wav
Thx to my beta tester : CompWiz333
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No, there is no way of doing this in Turing.

Turing plays a sinlge music file at a time. It can however, do things like stop all Music from playing.

Here is an idea:

If you are using techno-type music, then split up your music file into a bunch of 2-3 second long clips, all with the same beat/tempo/key. Then set up a procedure/process to handle playing them randomly, so that you will have the effect of music. Thus, you can stop the main music at any time and start a secondary sFX instead.

This is not tested, it's just an idea.

BTW: you're delays are dangerous. On my PC (900MHZ Athalon), I could not get past the first second of the game before the monster killed me...and continued to kill me without resetting its position each run. Or maybe it did reset its position, just that it moved too fast for me to see...
I did select ("Yes, I have a fast computer").

Delays in Turing are irritating. Very.

But, this is looking better than your previous versions.
Good stuff.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok... THank you... i have a VERY SLOW COMPUTER!!! i do the Fast compiuter testing at school they have 2.3 GHZ machines in Comp Sci labs.. .. but i changed the stuff since then....

I will make it slow down even more for Fast computer...

Hoping to release Beta 3.5 tonight with all 4 enemy moving... and redrawing dots and layout so monster dont eat it away...

DUH!!! redrawing dots !!! shoulda though of that earlier...

it came to me as i was starting to driff off to sleep... so i shook myself awake and wrote on paper... Smile

Keep The Comments Flowing....!!!!
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

it goes way too fast, i can see the play screen for about half a second, then it says game over. ahhh.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

EDIT: This has been fixed so disregard this post

SORRY!!! I SUCK!!!

for monday i hope to release the 3.5 with a slower enemy....

yea... i had death turned off so it was not a problem untill now...
i turned it on at home where my computer is slow....

Try with musik on.... and try with someother big application running to slow down your compter...

Untill tommorow ..i will prob upload at lunch...
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

HEY everyone... GUESS WHAT>>> pac man version 4 is BETTER then ever.. and will be Released within this week.... Look for it in [FP] as i will be submiting it there...

right now i am doing a little tweaking after CompWiz333 did official beta testing for me... and i realised i had a few (small but important) bugs

new to v4 is... all 4 enemes move...smooth on most systems (new settings) and somewhat acurate clock + ( dots and layout redraw)
+ much muych more...

AND.,... my website has the latest version so far... v3.5 so check it out
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

why is it so big?! 3.5MB?!?!?! Can't you make it smaller?
josh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This is kool but I have a few comments

The expanding wnidow almost gave ma a sezure ( and the colours flashing when the screen cleared) Very Happy

The bad guys can walk through walls

Sometimes pacman doesn't move when I tell him to.

Other then that this is a really neat game. Defiantly enter it in the contest.
One of the best and most sofisticated programs I have seen in Turing. GJ Very Happy
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dont worry... i fixed LOTS AND LOTS of stuff.... in version 4.5 .. yea i skipped v4 cuz it sucked.... is great.... i solved a couple old problems... and some new ones..... and who do i have to thank... ALL OF YOU who gave me comments...

Expecially CompWizz333 for his OUSTANDING v4 Beta testing

the reason the file size is so big... and will be a bit bigger...
is that i have LOTS of sound effects... most are home made by me and my mic.... plus a couple of classic ones...
but the main reason is the 2.5 MB mp3 .. backround beat

srry for all your with Modems... but no prob for us with cable..
apomb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Cervantes said : why is it so big?! 3.5MB?!?!?! Can't you make it smaller?
Why are you always so negative , give him a break , its a Wild program, and he's in GR.10!!!
Don't worry if its a big file, worry that it works, and it does, Very well!
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rhysticlight just for you.. and whoever else might get a seizure and knock themselves unconscious.. and maybe hurt ur head... i added..... a seizure warning picture.. + more colorful stuff.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Twisted Evil
Boarder16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yo why can't i delete the file called graphics? it says it being used by another person or program or htat it might be write protected.. i tried turing read only off but it won't let me... i unno whats goin on..
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Check your task manager, see if theres something running related to that, then you can end task that and delete it.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: