Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How is compsci.ca?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Do you think compsci.ca has gotten better or worse?
(No ending time set)
Better
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
Worse
42%
 42%  [ 12 ]
Stayed the Same
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

octopi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:25 pm   Post subject: How is compsci.ca?

Has compsci gotten worse, and worse as the days go on?

Don't vote if you haven't been a member of compsci.ca for more then 6 months.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well its tough to say... its gotten better as far as looks and ppl... but worse because of all the stupid spammers ... its a great site if you like going around looking thru all the spam just to find out you missed a line of code...
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well if you vote for "worse" - also try to post some sujestions for things that could be improved
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

worse; the number of posts is increasing but most of the posts are useless with nothing relating to compsci
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. A lot of the board's 'energy' feels like it's gone, but then again, that could just be me. There is a lot of flaming going on around here lately. I think that the boards definately need a revamp, and new rules.
Compsci v3 anyone?
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, I hear Martin wanted to rewrite the entire phpBB core in flash Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
poly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Catalyst wrote:
worse; the number of posts is increasing but most of the posts are useless with nothing relating to compsci

totally agree!
Like if some people would just search you can find most answers in other posts or even new threads. But ofcourse no one can do that because its easier to make a new thread about it...!
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

good points: new layout, less bugs (thank you dan), more people(always a bonus), more "enthusiam" (to put it nicely)

bad points: more spammers, more people who don't know what they are talking about, more people that asks for people to do their work for them.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, i should not stop spamming and stuff, but since ive come its really been the same, i wasn't here when there wasn't any spamming so i don't know what its really been like. new rules would be nice, but the spamming section just gives unneeded practice for spamming in the other forums. i try not to spam outside of the spam section
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Jonos said :
Quote:

yeah, i should not stop spamming and stuff

YOu should watch your typos , unles you didnt make a mistake Shocked Shocked , But im in favor of enforced rules , after the whole debate with me and Asian ive come to learn that i deserved it , and that rules should be harsh , we should take spam lke a court would take murder , its the only way people learn
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sorry to spam in here but i have to defend my typing patterns.

i try not to screw up my words and stuff, dan is worse than me and so is who who who shorthair. yes shorthair gets worse and worse everyday, but at least we can still understand him. the problem with me is that i get mixed up with words because i forget the beginning of my sentece which i have just typed so i end up trying to type something at the end of the sentence which would make sense with the beginning of the sentence.

i agree with the enforced rules. there should also be a whole new forum, with this old one being an old "archive" or something and whole new stuff int he new one where spam is deleted by the mods. taht amy eb ogign oto afr thogh. hehe
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

We should just have an all out deletion fest of spam , i mean if a question in help was solved in hte first answer the what else needs to be posted there
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, but it's sometimes good for many different answers to a problem. like someone may post a certain way to make snow flakes fall, then someone else may post one which does the same just with different code. sometimes it is good to loook at the many different ways a program can be made and learn from all of them. i agree, we spam too much but usually we spend the time surfing compsci and if there is nothing really good to say we just feel like posting anyway because we took the time to come here.
JayLo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, most of you don't know me, because i'm always the one looking around the forum, looking for good code and what not...

compsci.ca has gotten better in some ways, and i totally agree with asian sensation. ever since i've joined, i've really respected the endurance of tony, dan, darkness, and other mods (asok), to just put up with all of us. they've given canadian students an outlet to let programming flow freely with no boundaries. like me, i'm sure most of you have come to this forum because you needed help. but now compsci.ca is losing more of the 'mature' people to more, how can i say, 'sub-par' people who can't control whatever they post on this forum. i'd say that having rules and regulations (ie: validating signups, more mods) at compsci.ca would benefit the entire community in the end.
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
we should take spam lke a court would take murder , its the only way people learn

Hahaha thats a little harsh, but i agree.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 6  [ 82 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: