Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Computer Won't Start
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:25 am   Post subject: Computer Won't Start

When I turn on my computer, it seems to be booting normally, but when it gets to the point where it should show the blue windows xp login screen, the monitor goes into energy saving mode (the little green light turns orange). It loads up normally in safe mode however, so I doubt that it's a problem with the video card.

At the time of the 'crash,' I was logged in normally, and the computer just froze (couldn't move the mouse, monitor didn't update etc.) The keyboard beeped at me when I pressed keys....and now this. Help...please...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh ahhh....
Windows XP Professional (fully updated as of yesterday)
AMD XP2000+ (not OC'd)
ATI Radeon 9000 pro 128mb (not OC'd)
512 MB DDR PC2700 Ram
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:20 am   Post subject: Re: Computer Won't Start

Darkness wrote:
When I turn on my computer, it seems to be booting normally, but when it gets to the point where it should show the blue windows xp login screen, the monitor goes into energy saving mode (the little green light turns orange). It loads up normally in safe mode however, so I doubt that it's a problem with the video card.

At the time of the 'crash,' I was logged in normally, and the computer just froze (couldn't move the mouse, monitor didn't update etc.) The keyboard beeped at me when I pressed keys....and now this. Help...please...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAAAA!
*Ahem*... I have no idea why this is happening... that's pretty weird. When did this start happening?
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Last night. I was just about to print off my resume's too. God hates me.

Resume's pretty sexy though.
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

mabye your not supposed to have a sexy resume???? anyways, that happens a lot to my old computer that is not as good as yours:
celeron processor
128 megs of ram
9 gig hd
i don't even want to know the vid card

anyways, ours was a problem with the network card and signals of something like that.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Now, I've gotten it to show a blue screen and the mouse pointer centred on the screen, but it locks up right then, and nothing that I can do can unlock it. I'm gonna start to cry....but at least I got my resume backed up Smile
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe you have some dust in the comp at at certain connections. in comp engineering that caused some problems with the computers, so if there is dust or something on any connectionst rub the connections with a white eraser.
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Whoa thats odd.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

darkness, u been masing with your loading screens or loging screens? i got somting like that when messing with them b4. try loading in safe mode.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how do you do that? the grade 12s were doing that in comp eng.
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Stlye XP and boot XP , they are designed for XP if you didnt notice Wink Wink .................. I use them and they do logons boot screens backgrounds themes and visual styles with nice icon sets not those crappy clocky ones, you can even get nice rounded start menus , CHECK IT OUT
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i downloaded the trial but i should get the full version probably. i deleted it because i didn't want to have a style then have it dissapear when the trial is over.
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dosent work like that, you never have to actually buy it , i have never bought mine , and my styles still work , if it does ever sop , you theme jsut stays the way it is , it dosent dissapear
.hack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well, in windows XP, the BSODs are a liught blue screen that says Physical Memory Dump : ####### and the number is counting down, kinda scary, if that happens I wouldn't doubt it if some of your XP files are corrupt and you may have to format.

It could also be the network card, try booting into windows safe mode with no network and if that works, then it may be ur networking card.
recneps

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Go into safe mode, and go into msconfig, and turn off all startup things, then see if you can get in, if it still doesnt, then you gotta reinstall XP (i dont have XP but i assume that would work)
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: