Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Derek's Philosophy
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Agree?
(No ending time set)
Yes
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Sorta
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Did you really say live long and prosperous???
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Andy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

miracles eh? well my friend went on a missions trip last summer, he saw and did some amazing things... one particular one is when he prayed for this woman in panama, she had arthritis all over her had and red spots covered it... almost rite after the prayer, the woman's hand was healed.
The Christian God does not create the future, he is not limited by time. he can change the future, but he does not plan everything and force them to be exactly as he wishes them to. and the nxt time you want to argue about something, research it first, so you dont seem like a moron and offend other ppl
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
if Jesus came to this world again He would die again a painful death because we as humans are iggnorant to change

for ur information, He is coming again
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge_tomahawk wrote:
Quote:
if Jesus came to this world again He would die again a painful death because we as humans are iggnorant to change

for ur information, He is coming again

it's called the 'Judgement day' isn't it?
and ya... miracles do happne today...i guess people just take it as luck or something Sad
roer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge_tomahawk wrote:
The Christian God does not create the future, he is not limited by time. he can change the future, but he does not plan everything and force them to be exactly as he wishes them to. and the nxt time you want to argue about something, research it first, so you dont seem like a moron and offend other ppl

The Christian God stands above time and he knows EVERYTHING. He is an all knowing God which means that he knows what will happen to Him in the future! Thus he has a predestined life which means he has no free will, this takes away from the Christian perspective of an omnipotent God. This is simply a paradox which disproves the idea of a God for which anything is possible. Thats what I meant in the original post

Quote:
and ya... miracles do happne today...i guess people just take it as luck or something

Example?
Dauntless

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just wanted to say that you sound like what most non-religious enriched students sound like these days...It must be some sort of cool thing going around, as if optimism is a social faux-pas to you guys...

Quote:
Say what you say, I see the world for what it is. Corruption, Death and once in a while there is a little beam of light to cheer us all up

You sound suspiciously like if you could be the father/mother of any one of the angst poems in my other thread.
Is it so hard to ascribe values to the world that aren't so dreary and angsty? What about Life? If the world really is all about corruption and death, why do you still live? The reason you still live is another thing the world is. What you said about it all being about corruption and death is hyperbole; death has always been a part of the world, but it's not everything. Corruption is a relative term anyways, but even so the world is not what you say it is. Read I Am Legend by Richard Matheson... It's about the sole human survivor of a plague that turns everyone else into monsters; the majority, being the monsters, view him
as the monster, him being the only one of his kind. If everyone is "corrupt", everyone becomes adjusted, and everyone is relatively uncorrupt. There's no such thing as a human that is pure good...in society's eyes. I'm sure even the most chaste person cannot suppress the occasional natural instinct/need to reproduce, and apparently to society sex is a dirty thing.

And debate about God is touchy at best; the concept of omnipotence is too complex for our minds to comprehend (seeing everything at once, from every angle, distance, etc.) Explanations of paradoxes have no verifyable evidence.

All in all, good to see this thread getting replies again.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

is angsty a word?
Dauntless

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Angst-filled or angstful would probably be a more accurate way to say it. But come on, who can resist angsty?
roer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Corruption is just how our human nature has evolved. People take advantage of power (Bush) and use it for their own personal agendas (war on iraq). I go to a Catholic school and have been for my whole life. I believe in the message of the Bible, it's a guideline in my life. The messages conveyed through the Bible are exatcly how we should live our lives.
I have a general question because Im just curious about this:
Do you believe God is good, evil or both?

Personally I believe he has to be both, if God can do everything then he would have to be able to be good and evil at the same time. Or perhaps Satan is part of God.

And in my little point of the what the world is, I still believe in that little light at the end of the road, thats what keeps me going Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Boarder16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Enough of this crazy talk you fools! No matter how much u argue about crap liek this it still dosent change the fact that monkeys will rule the world one day..no no no, not ordinary monkeys you see around you, but super human..talking, monekys that..walk..yes yes..walk. So stop wasting your time wondering why we are here and all this talk of power and crap and start preparing for the monkeys...start digging your underground layers..saving up food..making stick weaponsa nd getting all the guns you can find.. and we might just! save ourselves.............

Shocked
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No no monkeys, orangutans (however you spell them)
jonos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

monkeys, then it will be the next most intelligent species. the ruling species always dies away of its own faults and ignorances, so there will be an endless number of "ruling" or dominant species.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

*stabs Boarder16 for breaking up the topic... ** DIE DIE ** * Laughing
roer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

jonos wrote:
monkeys, then it will be the next most intelligent species. the ruling species always dies away of its own faults and ignorances, so there will be an endless number of "ruling" or dominant species.

So how could the dinosaurs prevent the comet? Wink Robots are the next generation, they'll probably inhabit monkey bodies Rolling Eyes
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

first of all, the comet is just one theory and it has not yet been proven, so i could still be correct... Wink
Dauntless

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

This just in from Saturday Night Live; the word "Evolution" can be freely said in biology classes in some state in Virginia. In related news, dinosaurs will now be called "Jesus Horses".

-Weekend Update, Saturday Night Live
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 5  [ 68 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: