Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Unit Converter for Metric AND Imperial AND Computer DATA
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm   Post subject: Unit Converter for Metric AND Imperial AND Computer DATA

ok... This is a program i made to convert, units of measurement for mass,length,temp.,computer data,time,and weight.... well This Converts: in,ft,cm,mm,km,ml,m,l,mile,g,mg,kg,lbs,hr,sec,min,gal, ounce,f,c,b,B,Kb,KB,MB,Mb,GB..... so yea.. Check it out and tell me if any conversions dont work.....i havn't tested each variatioon as there are close to 100 or so.....think i got em all tho... Post any feedback good or bad... Thank You Kevin Folz, the maker of Pac Man and Rock Paper Scissors....Search me under author to find them NOW WITH DEFINITION OF ABREIVIATIONS IN THE ZIP FILE>>>>.... YAY !!! Very Happy COMPSCI LET ME UPLOAD!!! ENJOY

UnitConverter.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  UnitConverter.zip
 Filesize:  270.28 KB
 Downloaded:  283 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

when it fails it says in fails , YOU have a typo my padawain learner , but its an awsome program , the fact you have to learn all the commads for the different units is awkward ,buttons would be much better , it would be a good project to update this awsome program
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you mean all the different units of measurement and stuff?? should i include a text file in the zip file to explain all abbreviations.?? i wanted a small user friendly program.....so you will keep it for all your needs.... i use that kind of stuff a lot in cooking..... pain in the ass looking it up on net... there are good sites... but this way you dont need internet on.. for modem people.. and also its all in one... not grouped...Thanks, im glad you liked...will fix and re upload
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ohh yeah the app is usefull i actually used it for a physics question , id just really liketo see it done with buttons so i dont have to search the top for the abbreviation , im not trying to bash the app , but it would be an aswom e upgrade ,i might try it myself if i have the time
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u want the code????.... and by the way.... the reason that typo was there
Quote:
when it fails it says in fails..
is because it says.... " Conversion of: 99 cm To: in Failed (in being Inch)!
... get it... if you modify my code just add your name to title after mine.... saying remade by "you" and send me code... Thanks..
josh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Kool program. This thing really helped me out with my math homework. Thanx. My one sugestion would be to make the interface a bit more user friendly by posibly adding buttons instead of typing in the units. Other then that it was a really kool program.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Glad to help... my aim was to create a program you would keep on ur C:/ drive and have a shortcut in startmenu... for all math, computer, and Baking needs.....plus cuz i hate Imperial units.... hate converting them even more...
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Download My Program PLEASE

I NEED FEEDBACK!!!! to see if any variations DONT work
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
.hack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Unit Converter for Metric AND Imperial AND Computer DATA

the_short1 wrote:
ok... This is a program i made to convert, units of measurement for mass,length,temp.,computer data,time,and weight.... well This Converts: in,ft,cm,mm,km,ml,m,l,mile,g,mg,kg,lbs,hr,sec,min,gal, ounce,f,c,b,B,Kb,KB,MB,Mb,GB..... so yea.. Check it out and tell me if any conversions dont work.....i havn't tested each variatioon as there are close to 100 or so.....think i got em all tho... Post any feedback good or bad... Thank You Kevin Folz, the maker of Pac Man and Rock Paper Scissors....Search me under author to find them NOW WITH DEFINITION OF ABREIVIATIONS IN THE ZIP FILE>>>>.... YAY !!! Very Happy COMPSCI LET ME UPLOAD!!! ENJOY

You won't stop with this thing will it. I got a cool idea for you next time, seem show I lvoe seeing 4 threads about a single program in 2 weeks.

UPDATE THE ORIGINAL

Then post in the first thread you made, jesus christ, someone give this retard a cookie.

P.S: Your still stuck on this eh. After I post mine you have to bring urs out of the grave to one up it, as a fellow programmer, I will suggest this, don't shoot down other programmers, and simply move on and make something bigger and better, while letting others improve on your methods without flipping out, Bill Gates.
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wo, settle down, you don't need to make the font so big to get a point across. do it normally with clever word play in sentences and not through huge fonts.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Unit Converter for Metric AND Imperial AND Computer DATA

.hack wrote:

You won't stop with this thing will it. I got a cool idea for you next time, seem show I lvoe seeing 4 threads about a single program in 2 weeks.

I dunno, I've only seen this one, I think he just changed the topic name...
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

.hack, constructive criticism please, if he wants to work on his program to further improve it, then let him, no need to yell at him for trying to update a old program. bits will be removed if this continues.
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul Bian ur rite...
seing how not many ppl were looking at my thread or downloading my program i spiced up the name... and posted in my topic to bring it back to top.... ( is it a crime to change topic name??? )
jonos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

im sure its not, i don't consider it one.
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm new though.....

i need opinions here PLEASE!

ok should i add my Roman # to num converter and back (not complete only converts 1000, 900,or 1900...)to this programm and take some time and make small buttons Draw.fill box and locateXY the units of measurement (GUI cant work too big... ) or should i make roman # thing seperate????
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: