Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Pascal, Cayley, Fermat
Index -> Contests
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:45 pm   Post subject: Pascal, Cayley, Fermat

Now the P, C, and F contest has just been written (at least in our school, should be soon if you haven't written it), just wondering what scores everyone got, I'm trying to size up the competition beforehand here, comparing scores throughout to Massey scores, trying to get a feel at what place our school team might come in at.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I haven't got a score back yet, on Cayley. But I estimate I got around 120-130. Though about the school ranking, its totally crap. Cause we have a bunch of stupid ppl who take it just for the credit of taking it. Sometimes even ppl failing math...
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

school ranking for a contest is the top 3 scores on that contest. Our Fermat team is composed of 150, 150, 138, 138, since 2 people tied for third place. Our Cayley team isn't that great, and our Pascal team isn't that better either.
nate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The Cayley isn't that hard compared to like AMC 10. I just couldn't do the last 2 questions, so i guess i will be in the range 115-130 something like that. Oh well.
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i got screwed cuz i flew through the a and b section in 20 min and had 40 min left for the last five... made some stupid errors
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You are suppose to fly through A, B, 21, 22, 23 really fast, and leave 30 minutes for questions 24 and 25, and then leave yourself 10 minutes to check over the easy stuff. Don't have to check the harder ones, because once you figured it out, it usually won't be wrong, considering the difficulty of the questions.

I know that I corrected 1 question that I read wrong, and saved myself 6 additional marks.
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dude, i got a odd number again, thats two years now!!! but at least it wasnt number 1 again
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

On the Cayley I got 130 and had only taken about 2 weeks of gr 10 math when I wrote it Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: