Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Read topic
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Who would win?
(No ending time set)
1 Billion ppl
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
1 Tank
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
o_0
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

BlAcK TuRtLe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:32 pm   Post subject: Read topic

OK. In comps class, me and this guy who is also on compsci got talking about stuff. Outta no where I asked him whether or not 1 tanks could wipe out an army of 1 billion ppl with only sticks. Now, he says no but i say yes. Now the tank is solar powered with batteries to last the night or a storm. There tank is remotly controlled via sattalite and is build so the wheels can't jam. There is a flame thrower and rocket launcher with many mahine guns and if it runs outta ammo it will just run over ppl. The ppl have only sticks and the tank is so heavy that not enuff ppl will be able to lift it. There are no rocks or anything that can bury it. Now Cast Your Vote!!!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

of course the ppl will win over the tank, although I don't see what this has to do with compsci other than where the discussion is taking place. But the dead bodies would render the tank immoblie while the other ppl take years to beat the tank with their sticks, plug up every hole that it can shoot out of. etc.
Yay, another magus lover. Chrono Trigger Rocks!
+BITS for using that avatar. (as soon as the bit thingy is fixed)
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

People will win over a tank, 1 friggen billion you know how much that is???? the tank will run out of armor before killing them all lol

(people can ezly make a hole in the ground and make the tank go in there by tricking it Very Happy)
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm tank wuld run outta ammo, even if it had unlmtd ammo they culd storm it and shit in the hole and the tank guy wuld die or they beat the tanks meat with their sticks
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There is no tank guy, its remote controlled.
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i know, still gety owned by ppl. hey can jump on the back and shiz
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

omg, this is so spam....

--bits;

and 1billion poleop is like 1/4 the poleopation of the earth, if just 100000 of thous poleop just all die on the tank it whould be crushed. and the other 99999999 poleop could just sit there.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but what kind of people in their right mind would jump on the tank in hopes that the weight of their dead bodies will crash the tank? Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

now if it was a tank that could have hull plates charged, able to send ppl flying upon contact...
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

still dont matter, more then 1/4 of the hole words poluation. think about it!!!!
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i say the people. POWER TO THE PEOPLE.
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's the people, definitely the people!
OK, the people may have sticks now, but they can always split up regroup somewhere else and work together to destroy the tank. Half the billion run away in one direction, the other half in the opposite direction. There's no way the tank can chase both groups. They gather resources and most likely get their own damn tank to destroy the first one and there you go.

Either that or you can count on the fact that only a really stupid video game could have an idea like this. And by that I mean, since this is in a computer game, have maybe 3 or 4 of the bllion people use some kind of hack or even a noclip code to walk inside the tank (and pass through all bullets, flames, etc. unharmed), then turn clipping back on and now they have a tank. I know, the tank is supposedly controlled by satellite, but there has to be something vital to the tank's function that can be controlled by people from within it.
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:

and 1billion poleop is like 1/4 the poleopation of the earth

I dunno where you've been for the past 3 or more years, the last time I checked, the earth still had over 6 billion.
or according to http://www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop
6,405,767,550 ppl
oh wait
oh wait
nvm...
TheXploder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Plan A. I think you just need a few thousand or less becuase than those poeple would rip of the radar and the Satillite Connection would be brocken...

Plan B. Preferred by Tony I think, is that everyone jumps at the same time which will create a crack in the ground and the tank will fall into the spraying Lava, hehe...

Plan C. create a slop of boddies and make the tank drive if 200m up so it falls with enough velocity that it will be crushed...
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No off, but..which idiot's said 1 Billion people Thinking
Come on, 1 bILLION people... 1 BILLION... Neutral i guess you people don't know what that means Eh
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: