Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I challenge you to a flame war SHORTHAIR!
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Should shorthair think before he starts to flame someone?
(No ending time set)
yes
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
no
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

templest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:53 am   Post subject: I challenge you to a flame war SHORTHAIR!

Twisted Evil

First off... Let's start where we left off. I am not white, I am not 8, and I obviously don't have mental deficiancies, seeing as how my posts end up owning yours. I use pics, appropriately, when they fit. Yours doesn't. And you where at that camp? So you went to a "childs with down syndrome"'s camp? Wow.. Maybe you shouldn't be taking computer science courses then. Rolling Eyes

Now let's get back on the fùck subject. Maybe in the early 1600's, the word FùCK ment "Fornication Under the Kings Concent". BUT were not in the 1600's are we!? I'm pretty sure words that are considered "inteligable" now-a-days, someone back in the day wouldn't know wtf that ment. Even more so... read a book that contains "Olde English". Yes, Olde, not Old. Shakespearian is modern enlish, that's not old. Read the OLD FùCKING BOOKS! No one speaks that any more. Besides, Ever herd of words spelt the same but with different meaning? Yes.. Surprised? Grab a new dictionary you b1tch.. And read out the definition for the word "fùck".. without the tilde of course, and if it says anything about a King and Concent to Fornicate.. I'll give you all my bits. Now I mean, a modern dictionary, that is labled "Modern English". Unlike you old-timers (really old-timers).. I speak modern enlish.. Not Pre-Shakespearian.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it wont be a modern english dictonary , english dosent chage , just new words are added , they dont just banish owrds after a while , and the original use of hte word was fornification under the king , but that was not english , it was another language , the english adaption that we use today has a different meaning that was derived from its original meaing , jsut like most of the words in the english dictonary , and about the flaming, at least when i flame i keep it there , i dont go editing it out and hiding , and with your lack of knowledge thus might prove you are in fact 8 years old
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

grrrrrrrrr dan don't like flaming and dan don't like poleop making fun of the disadvatgened (childs with down syndrome)

whatch it, this topci is making me mad.

P.S. love the sig shorthair.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You talkin bout cool club or cteam stuff?
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"All Your Bits Are Belong To Me !!!! "

clasick....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Haha ya Exclamation
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well templest does have a point... language changes... it envolves over time. Not only new words are added but also old ones attain a new meaning.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

come on... new round. templest vs. shorthair, keep it going, ive been waiting a long time for flaming wars.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
templest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
and with your lack of knowledge thus might prove you are in fact 8 years old

Indeed, because you very well know how an eight year old knows what the word "shakespearian" means.

Quote:
english dosent chage

Are you on crack? "Ye Olde English" is very much the same language, only that it has evolved so much, some people consider it a new language al together, even though it isn't. Heh.. I'd expect more from you than a stupid remark like this. I YOu are probably reffering to languages being derived from other languages, for example, spanish, french, and english are all derrived from latin. Maybe you should get your facts straight. You have the knowledge.. you probably just crossed some wires here and there. I won't hold that ignorance against you.

EDIT: Apperantly I was wrong in my previous statement, but I have corrected myself in a following post and have still managed to prove my point, now that that's out of the way... FLAME ON!

Quote:
just new words are added

Yes.. But that is only a MINISCULE part of how languages evolve. Including way of spelling, grammatics, ect.. all change. For example: Sulphur, is no longer spelt like that.. It's now spelt Sulfur.. And that's just ONE example.

Now.. Let's move on..

Quote:
they dont just banish owrds after a while

Are you on crack? "cyningen", "cwen", "costermonger", "cove" (still used by some old tymers).. Are some examples of words that you just don't here anymore, or have you herd anyone say "What are you doin' with me cwen you stickin' piece of sh1t?" Never. Now about the flaming.. I was making you look like an idiot. And apperantly, I succeeded. It's called making you look like an ass.. not beeing a pussy. Learn to tell the difference.
Quote:
and the original use of hte word was fornification under the king , but that was not english , it was another language , the english adaption that we use today has a different meaning that was derived from its original meaing
No.. This post is over it's character limit, so I'm going to make another post to continue.

EDIT: Apperantly my Enter Key isn't working.. whatever.. let's continue.

FUCK (according to the english dictionary means:
1. To have sexual intercourse with.
2. To take advantage of, betray, or cheat; victimize.
3. Used in the imperative as a signal of angry dismissal.
4. To act wastefully or foolishly.
5. To interfere; meddle. Often used with with.
6. Used as an intensive: What the fuck did you do that for?
7. Used to express extreme displeasure.
8. To spend time idly.
9. To masturbate.
10. To treat unfairly; take advantage of.
11. To make a mistake; bungle something.
12. To act carelessly, foolishly, or incorrectly.
13. To cause to be intoxicated.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. I see nothing there that has to do with "Fornication Under The Kings Concent".. And Some of the ways in which the word can be used have NOTHING TO DO WITH FORNICATING, SEXUAL INTERCOURSE, OR LIKEWISE... "To spend time idly" really makes me think of fornicating.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dude, i like how you use clever wordplay to get your point across, but tone down the swearing, seriously. there are probably 8/9/10/11 year olds here and im sure they are a little surprised to see fúck, sh1t, b1tch and all that on a programming site. ive been told to watch my language before, and i have seen others been told that also.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bah, Im not surprised by those words, I was surprised by that "Frog goes a courting" picture blown up on my school computer screen, damn naoki...
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:
...for example, spanish, french, and english are all derrived from latin.

You're crazy, templest. We all know that every word in the English language is come from Greek!
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

^ is crazy too. English originated from Australian Laughing
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest: you are right about eng evualing, just look how it is chagning with the net. but i think u can find a better example then the one u currtly are....
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you know what dan, you are a prime example of evolving english Very Happy
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 4  [ 46 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: