Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Game of the day (Let's avoid boredom!)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:35 pm   Post subject: Game of the day (Let's avoid boredom!)

I have created the crappiest text encryptor EVER.

Your task: Create a decryptor that will turn the text back to what it originally was to win +100 Bits Very Happy

Here's the catch: No source code is provided. That would make it too easy!
Have phun! May the fastest poster win! Razz

yes.zip
 Description:
Go Nuts!

Download
 Filename:  yes.zip
 Filesize:  274.55 KB
 Downloaded:  415 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

all it dohes is goes to the next ascii value , a = b , b=c ................. z={

AND SO ON , all i had to do was subract the Ascii number to get the original that was way to easy
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh, here's my encriptor program Laughing
code:

var word:string := "secret message"

for i:1.. length(word)
put chr(Rand.Int(ord("a"),ord("z")))
end for

unencript that Twisted Evil
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
josh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

when I try and type "quit" to exit the game it says that a runtime error has occured and shut it down.

It still quites it but I thought you might want to know that there as an error.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you could , but you would needs turings randint , algorithm , thast would take a long itme to figure out , but when you did you would be able ot cheat like mad in some turing games , OHH but wait you have a 2 dimensional ranomize statement, hmmmm im not sure if you could decrypt that
templest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair.. have 100 bits. Very Happy
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i wasnt trying to flame , i didnt know you were not serious , you made an encrpting app and i figured it , im sorry if you took offence to how i put my words , but in light of that , were known to be mortal enemys so it dosent matter anyway , .........Was there any need for the language though..... come on at least use some words taht require some knowledge if your gonna get back at someone........... Very Happy Very Happy
templest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair? When Did I flame you? Why do you hate me? Crying or Very sad

Twisted Evil

Dude, Please don't get me into the whole using of swear words. I wrote a 13 page essay to my english teacher on why it was appropriate to use swear words. I got a level 4+.

In a nutshell: If you are denying yourself the use of swear words, which is a vast amount. You are basically denying yourself of using part of the english language. Yes, they are part of the language. They are in dictionaries, fùck is jsut a regualr word. If I say "Crap! I hit my finger!" It's the same thing as saying "Fùck! I hit my finger!".. They are both used in the same context, so why must one be MORE offensive than another? Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

HEy thast not fair , you cant go erasing your post , THAT WAS A BAD MISTAKE , you just contradicted yourself , i mean you flamed me and swore and all then deleted the post , now you post saying its alright , thats just not cool and you made my post look retarded
templest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair, I feel no need in making you NOT look retarded.. as you say: We are mortal enemies! ph43r m3!

EDIT: If you haven't caught on.. I did that to make you look like a cock. Twisted Evil
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ohhhhh no you did not jsut start an unholy war wiht me ( Laughing makes really cool dramatic scene ) im gonna have to just go kung FOO on your rump , ohh its on ,
templest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Wow, Those are some tough words, for a little man!

BRING IT ON!

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

HAha good use of pics at the correct moment
templest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest = 1
shorthair = ziltch

Very Happy
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i made one exactly the same, it has problems if you type a character that when changed is something turing cannot show (for mine atleast), pretty cool.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: