Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Conan In Canada
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:09 pm   Post subject: Conan In Canada

Anyone loving this. One of the funniest men alive is in Canada. Anyone going to see him, I wish I was.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bah, hockey playing mountie that skates and lives in a igloo made out of beer cans who rides a moose and has a beaver as a pet.
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hahaha man that stuff is hilarious. You know your city is gay when you have a 1000 m penis as your symbol.
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what! what city is this.
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

toronto ie. the CN tower Confused
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Conan? The Barbarian? I had no idea he was in Canada... man, I haven't seen that show in so long!
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

he's a 20 minute drive away from me! 8)
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

the cn tower is a penis!!!! yeah. what is the big vagina then (the bluejay stardium?)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya in one of the segments the guy said "The CN Tower and the Skydome are the penis and vagina of toronto"

BTW anyone see how everyone overeacted by Triumph the comic dog. Triumph made fun of the french several times while all of his comments were true. Now every fackin politician is trying to say how bad it is. Hes a facking INSULT dog and the french do stink. I hate all politicians im beginning to think that our politicians are stupider then Mr. Bush in the US.
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my views on the french thing:

-french people as a whole take things way too seriously because they think they are "special" in Canada because they are a distinct minority, but so are chinese, vietnamese, russians, italians, germans, jamaicans, south fricans, malaysians, etc. (i hope you get my point)
-french canadians have always said things against english canadians (rene levesque beleived that english canadians were the cause of quebec's problems (much like hitler and the jews)), and rarely has an english canadian said anything about that being bad and stuff, but when it happens the other way around french canadians start saying that they are hated in canada and that they should separate
-i also think that someone should be able to say something he/she wants because as this is a democracy we can say what we want. the comments were not inciting violence or action against french canadians

one more thing (you might have heard this):

you know the comment don cherry made about only french canadians and europeans wearing the visor, that is actually true (the high, high majority of hockey players who wear the visors are european and french canadians.

i have nothing against french canadians i just believe they should not be treated specially in canada. thanks for allowing my rant to come out, ive been wanting to say this for a long time bye;.
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know he said only french and europeans wear visors. AND its true. Fackin politicains i hate them so much. Evil or Very Mad
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, we want anarchy.
Dauntless

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you wanna read a great speech about stuff like that, read this speech by a former NRA president...it's so good.

http://olympia.fortunecity.com/kickbox/377/infoculturalwar.htm#top

If you think political correctness has gone way out of hand to the point where people aren't even allowed to say anything non-sterilized, you'll love this speech.
naoki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well the french canadians were the first early people to arrive on canada (not including the natives, who don't get anything for their troubles but gas-sniffing kids), and so they do feel they have some right.

although, i think, remembering back from history, that after the british beat the french some french people stayed in canada to live and defy the new government. therefore, the british government had to compensate some way for these people who wouldn't get out of their country.

and then french-canadians are all angry because they've never really gotten respect (although one could argue they weren't entitled to any after losing the war).

still, triumph was mean. that stuff he said was almost borderline racism. i don't think you'd see triumph go to new york and start calling black people the N-word and trying to play basketball with them would you.
Dauntless

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
they've never really gotten respect (although one could argue they weren't entitled to any after losing the war).

Change "the" to "almost any".

Francophones, w00t w00t!
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 36 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: