Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 changing text colours/background colours in console programs
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:03 pm   Post subject: changing text colours/background colours in console programs

im trying to change the text colour in a console program and i think it's something like SetTextColor and SetBkColor or something but im not sure and i don't know what header to include. does anyone know how to do this?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there ain't many tutorials in the C/C++ section, maybe someone who knows this should make some tutorials, for everyone, if not only for Jonos' sake. On the basic stuff or something Laughing
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i beleive that the borland compiler comes with a library and header that does thoes things
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

alougth it should be noted that it is unlike that it will work on all platforms....

the stantdered c or c++ complier/install dose not come with a graficks lib or comands like u whont. but there are any that can be dl online.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

A curses interface may or may not get you what you need, but it can't hurt to look at the docs: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~ppadala/ncdoc/html/ncintro/
octopi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

On windows, Nt strain. (maybe 9x)

code:
0 = Black       8 = Gray
1 = Blue        9 = Light Blue
2 = Green       A = Light Green
3 = Aqua        B = Light Aqua
4 = Red         C = Light Red
5 = Purple      D = Light Purple
6 = Yellow      E = Light Yellow
7 = White       F = Bright White

code:
color BF

Where F is the forground color, and B is the background color

code:
color e4

Will set the color to red, and the background to yellow

Use a system command to call this. Should work. (same as you would call cls, to clear screen)
jonos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

isn't that for changing the screen colors in command prompt

edit:
i think i get it now, cause system("cls"); clears the screen, system does in the program what dos would do with that command?
jonos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

okay, i just did that and it worked, so even though you don't need them to show my unending gratitude for your genius i will award thee with bits.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
octopi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for the bits....but I'm refunding them, because my bits automatically get reset to 1000, every so often... Cause I'm a mod.
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, thats why i said you didn't really need them, but i couldn't really do anything else, so i gave you bits.

does the system("") function only work in windows or can it be used in linux just instead using system("linux command").

also, so does that mean i could do something like system("shutdown -s -c "hehe"")?
octopi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think you mean single qoutes.

system("shutdown -s -c 'hehe'");

and I have no clue what the -s and -c options are for (my version of shutdown doesn't have either.)
You need to be root to shutdown the system....So yes, that command would work, it it was run as root.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: