Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP]Grade 10 House(Incomplete)
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What do you think of my house project?
(No ending time set)
Excellent
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Good
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Average
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Poor
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Terrible :(
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:46 pm   Post subject: [FP]Grade 10 House(Incomplete)

This was my final house prog in grade 10. But this one is like 1 month before i actually finished. And my school wiped all accounts for 2nd semester so i lost my finished version.

Its missing a flag and a guy getting hit by a car Very Happy

house.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  house.t
 Filesize:  13.36 KB
 Downloaded:  469 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

put a poll on maverick, I'd rated it good-excellent, since its beyond what I could do right now, or maybe not...
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hehe I'm sure u culd probly make that Smile. But i added sum more advanced stuff that was at school so it wuld be alot better.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that code could be reduced so much if you used procedures for drawing the house and such...
also you should use View.Update because that sun is flickery.
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maverick , i belive that you could of done alot better on this , and i know that you have the knowledge to , there are alot of things that could make this better , like the use of functions and procedures also , your graphics should not flicker well at least not as much , but becuse you said it wsa grade 10 iwont grill you on it to much , but you should re subnit this and really touch it up
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Uh i made this on turing version 3.1.1A so i didnt learn any of the new commands. And that was made in the first month of my grade 10 year or compsci. My finished version looked a whole lot bett then this.
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think it's awesome. my school has really early versions of turing too so a lot of the advanced stuff and functions are not available, i know what its like. people don't usually want to touch things up after learning more turing cause they are sick of something they worded a lot on when they didn't know as much. i think for only a month into grade 10 - great job!
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

averick you should have let us know , that it was done in turing 3 and in hte first month of compsci grade 10 , that changes everything , and also how come you didnt complete it before you submited it to compsci , cuase there is no ending date for final projects YET
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh i dunno I had some time on my hands. And since I alredy finished it at school i didnt want to add another 200 lines of code for my other animations.
recneps

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sure when MY project says grade 10, you're like OMG you shoulda done this! (insert really advanced thing here) and (insert sux vote here) But he gets "i wont grill you too much on it" anyways, Great program man, Its better than some of my first animations lol Very Happy
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya you gotta play the sympathy card. But this was like my 2nd project, and my teacher is kinda a retard.
recneps

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Aren't they all? (Mine was only nice and all, i wouldnt call him a "retard" at all, but I knew more in Turing than him halfway through:\)
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok then hes a terrible teacher. Sure he knows turing but he wont really teach us, he wanted us to "learn" it. Confused
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

your all trying to make me cry arnt you Crying or Very sad , BUT you cant grill me if you tell me you were a n00b , after i make my post ....... i like that post man the ( insert complex thing here ) it was very well said
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No seriously I'm not that good with turing. I'm not just saying I'm a n00b.
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: