Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [source] Paul's New and Improved lotto 6/49
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:33 pm   Post subject: [source] Paul's New and Improved lotto 6/49

This is an assignment for compsci class, lotto 6/49, with no duplicate numbers and stuff. Ignore the first part, with the lines, Im just doing that cause I saw it somewhere else, and wanted to try it, Im prolly gonna do something with that later on. I'll add bmps at school maybe, cause I don't want to transport them. This is the basic program, all drawn lol. I think this is THE biggest program (in terms of lines) I've ever had to work on. And Im trying to use more procedures, also to comment stuff, since I lost marks last time cause of that Sad. Oh yea, its really hard to win, if you win, you can win the real thing Very Happy. oh and if you cheat, the program fails. I made this in about 3 to 3.5 hrs, including dinner Very Happy. Enjoy Very Happy Oh, and you may have click "click here to see results" for a second.
Edit I added some bmp's to decorate it and make it look nicer. and added another bug proof.

lotto649.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  lotto649.zip
 Filesize:  292.61 KB
 Downloaded:  591 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Looks pretty good. you need to add some more error proofing in the part where you enter your number. I.E. make it so that you can't enter 'q'. Eh

I really like the aesthetic appeal. good work!
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
aesthetic appeal. good work!

aes-the-tic? what is this word?
oh yea, I did forget to do that letter-number error proofing, was concentrating on no duplicates. Thanx
Delta

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

HAHA I love the pics... make them jpg tho... good job man... I think that you should make a little thingy on the side that shows the balls shuffling and them one rolls out and the number pops up on it... or it all ready on it... rotating Smile look into the Pic.Rotate command and have some fun Smile

+BITS
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

aesthetics -----> how it appeals to the senses
eg. A chair's black leather looks nice Smile
ergonomics ---> how it preforms its duty
eg. a chair's back support

so
Cervantes wrote:
aesthetic appeal, good work!

means I like the pictures and the buttons and the colours Smile
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks Very Happy I always try to incorporate the gorilla into my programs in someway, I also just learned strintok from Dan... which Im going to put into this program now.... and done.
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, nice program, im starting to have feelings for that gorilla, beautiful specimen. i couldn't win so i gave up and decided to write this at the urging of the creator.

+bits though i need some myself
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol u noe... if u just posted an exe, you could've made it so that u lose every time... like have it pick numbers that is guranteed not urs
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Theres no point to that, if you win here, you could win the real lottory, I haven't even got more than 3 matches yet.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but think of it this way, since ur not winning, the probability of u winning nxt time would be greater and will increase until one day u do win... or you could think of it as if u do win on here, you've wasted a real shot at winning the real lottery instead of this cheapy fake one
GUI.GetScrollBarWidth : i

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice program, it should gt me an A,

just kidding
DragonSlayer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

good program but u should make it so that u can see what numbers u picked while ur still picking other numbers

good stuff
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Let's shed some light on lotto 649.

(49*48*47*46*45*44)/(6*5*4*3*2*1)

That works out to be 1 in 13 983 816.
let's round that to 1 in 14 million Eh
So the chance of winning paul's program should be 1 in 14 million if he did it right. If you DO win his program, then the chance of winning the REAL lotto 6/49 is STILL 1 in 14 million.
take a die. you're try to get a 6. You roll it and you get a 6. The chance of that was 1 in 6. You roll it again and get another 6. The chance of getting that second 6 regardless of the first roll is still 1 in 6. However, the chance of getting 2 6s is 1 in 36. So winning the lottery twice in a row is 1 in 195 547 109 921 856. AKA 1 in 195.5 trillion Razz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul Bian wrote:
if you win here, you could win the real lottory

if you don't win here you could win the real lottery as well.
recneps

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice Job on that, would give bits but dont have many lol
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: