Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing Swiss Army Knife
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
white_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, tat's soooooooo kool
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
.hack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Remember that good mood I was in? yea its ruined, apparently , I have been asking jeeves for How many mm in a foot" and get the result, while I was doing feet to MM, thus having the equation backwards. Therefore everything to this point is FUBAR.

Looks like the release date will be pushed back some more.
recneps

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe you could try it,

"choose which you are starting with"

then from there it pops up (say you chose mm)

1..mm->feet
2.mm->cm

and so on and so on for that specific starting
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

EDIT: Removed Negative Comment
the_short1
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dude, even our teacher suggested we could do this kind of program, just cause someone has the same type of program doesnt mean they "stole" your idea.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i like the mix of love and hate for his app ,it definatly made me laugh . I made one that was just for a few conversions ,
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

EDIT: Removed Nasty comment...
the_short1
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

GUI? I don't see any GUI here, all I see is keyboard inputting.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
.hack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yea you posted urs like a month ago. and it was at the bottom of the list.

And yea you caught me red handed, I stole YOUR idea despite everyone else whos made a unit converter, or when I could "stole" the idea for a better more useful program.

Get yur head out of ur ass b4 someone rams it farther up.

Ps: I don't like yours, not very organized, but good try and thanks for coming out.

Pps: here have some bits for learning how to orgranize your programs in one post.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

I also don't think there is need for a poll. People will use whatever one they find more useful.
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok....i will calm down now... im glad you took responsibility for that... sorry.... i was just a little frustated at the fact that i have no time to work on my programs lately... i wanted to have that GUI done already for Buttons for Each unit on measuremen, also showing the full name of the Abriviation somewhere else while your mouse hovered on button.... <<<please dont steal that too>>> thx for bits..

And here is a hint:

http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/
because im a nice guy....

i like this website... only i would like it all in one....and for people not to have to surf the net... <<<especially dial up users...>>.
.hack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

**Update**

I've completed the unit measurements for length, I plan on adding a scroll bar within 15 minutes and some kind of "go to" command.

I'm abuout 35% done. I expect it done soon.
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

haha god i luv those ebaums thread pics. YOu win the prize. hhahahaha cant stop laughing
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What prize? I don't get it.
Anyway, for the scroll bar, do you just make the height of the screen really high?
.hack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul, look above in my post for th epic. Its a mentally challenged kid receiving a prze. Obviously for a good effort someone else wouldn't have gotta prize for, you know, to make him look speical.

The pictures does relate to the thread, I think you figure it out from three lolol

and yea, u can increase th eiwndo size, but it only goes so big. I' having a few hitches, but I am trying to get um worked out. I need a GoTo line type command, which doesn't exist for turing and I don't undertsand the tut on it >.<
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the max pixels (that I found) is 4100. that's plenty. That's 256 rows... you'll be fine Smile
I'd assume though that it'd be different if you were using a different resolution. I'm using 1028x726
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 4  [ 46 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: