Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Beginning of my game....
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Tutorials
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:46 pm   Post subject: The Beginning of my game....

Ok this is only the beginning of my game.... it still doesn't work right (I'm working on the ramp)... but once thats finished everything will be a breeze Smile (hopefully :S )... but ya... check it out Smile

http://www.compsci.ca/flash/Isometric%20Game.html
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WOW! For some reason the whole screen moves when you press the arrow keys Confused does anyone know how to fix it?... because that suxorz... but ya... arrows key move the ball still(with the screen too) ... Confused ... ok just grab ahold of the scroll bar and move with the arrow keys Smile lol have fun
TheXploder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, good job Delta, yes I had that problem with my other flash game and I just gave a link to a website, with only the game..
One thing I notived is on the slope you are not able to go from the slope up to the scond level, or you are allowed to go down when you are on the slope, I would restrict that..
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well as of now the ramp doesn't work... I'm having problems with that Confused stupid thing.... but ya... it'll be working sooner or later
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

agrr, stupid laptop does not have flash plugin installed......-.-
TheXploder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You got your map in array, right? you use numbers like 1 for a wall and 0 for the moveable ground, and then the slope can also be considered moveable but no it has some restrictions and a sacond level wall you can only move on if you were on a connecting slope... thats the general idea for me...

Please, explain how you set it up..
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya... I've got my map in an array ...
0 - ground
1 - wall
2 - ramp

but somehow... it screws up....like I've looked over the code hundreds of times... and still boom! nothing works... so I'm changing my setup... its not gonna be a ramp now... its gonna be an elevator... you press spacebar it goes up/down... and boom problem averted Wink
TheXploder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Delta your giving up to quickly, if you let me see your code I could try fix it, the movement is restricted for the bridge..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol... see thats not the thing.. lol... I'm not giving up at all (well kinda Wink ) but I figure the elevator idea I have will be much kewler Smile... and what do you mean the bridge is restricted?
TheXploder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you cannot jump of the bridge/you cannot move left or right..
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya but see the bridge and the ramp are completely different... the bridge (0) is surrounded by water (1).... whereas the ramp is surrounded by the wall(1) and the ground(0)... see the problem is that I need to make sure that you can't go up to the next level unless your on the ramp... except it doesn't work... I've set variables like for example - var lvl = 1;

once your on the ramp lvl = 1.5;
if lvl = 1.5 then let the player goto the next level... except it doesn't work... and it should (at least the way I coded it Confused )... I dunno... I'm just thinking that the elevator is easier for what I need done... but who knows.. I might end up having both trust me... this game is gonna be kewler than it is now... thats for shizzle
TheXploder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Try this: let's say the slope is 2 and wall is 1 then in your code just put something like this:

if (map(row+1, col) == 1 && map(row, col) == 2) {
{

so check ahead of the player if he is standing on a slope and if he is about to move up to the next lvl...
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

see thats the thing... I've got pretty much the same code as that... except with my variables and stuff... but it just doesn't want to work... hence I'm changing the way I do things...
TheXploder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

really strange why it doesn't work then, can I see the script, that you used for that?
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Delta wrote:
Ya... I've got my map in an array ...
0 - ground
1 - wall
2 - ramp

but somehow... it screws up....like I've looked over the code hundreds of times... and still boom! nothing works... so I'm changing my setup... its not gonna be a ramp now... its gonna be an elevator... you press spacebar it goes up/down... and boom problem averted Wink

i would have it more like

ground 1
higher ground 2
higher higher ground 3
ramp -1
wall -2

so when ever u go on ramp u go one level up...
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: