Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Here is a cool effect...
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Delta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:41 am   Post subject: Here is a cool effect...

Here is a cool effect that is from part of my intro to my website. As most of you might know... this is my friend, Bill(In cartoon form). The effect should be easy to see... and just as easy to make Smile

(Wow... lol I gave in the wrong one lol ok here is the right one)

bill-kewl.swf
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.4 KB
 Viewed:  5885 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

loop it.
nvm, cool not bad.
Radiohead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:33 am   Post subject: cool

ur missing something.. its a cool effect but i thik u need to go to the menu with [convert lines to fill] ( i dotn have flash on this computer.. ) and thres a certain button that gets rid of some of the lines ..and only a few other stay on.. ne way.. the second thing is .. the vertical line that passes over bill.. should be thinner in this case becaue bill is kinda skiny.. so.. ya.. nice job though
Delta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

HAHAHA.... ya that was a lil wierd... for some reason I put up the old version Confused this one is much better... (last one I missed a layer) so ya... thanks for the input... Smile
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice masking effect...
Boarder16

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey how would you do sumthing liek that except its a picture of text and iwant to scan over it with a light, and when the light is over it it shows what is under, and as it slowly moves accross you can see the letters, but when the lightss not on it you cannot see the letters...?
Tubs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not bad, try using a white linear gradient with an alpha'ed background colour instead of a line.
Flashkicks

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 8:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Sure..lets just All experiment with me... Sad ...lol.. I like it Delta!!..Looks great. I see a few good things how we could add on and wutnot.. So0o0o0o0o0o0o0ooooooooooo................ Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delta

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Actually thats exactly what I did... its not a line... its a gradient fill... you might have to look closer tho... Bill isn't a good example for this effect sorry Bill
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya search in this forum and you'll find a topic i made about this, i think it was named 'cool effect' or something like that, it's linked to a tut.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: