Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 University Computer
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:35 pm   Post subject: University Computer

Well, I'll pose this as a two part question:
First off, who's going to university next year and where are you going/what are you going into?

I'm taking erotic studies at University of Windsor.

lol, actually, co-op computer science at either Toronto or Waterloo.

Second question: I'm going to build a computer for university, and I want it to be stable. Gaming's not really a big deal, I just want it to be up as much as possible.

I haven't priced this out, because I'm not going to buy it for a while yet (until the summer probably) but here's the basic rig

1 gig pc3200 DDR ram
AMD XP 2800+ Barton 512k
nVidia geforce 4 ti 4200 128mb
80 gig hard drive

I figure that'll run me about a thousand bucks once I add a monitor and case and such.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Get an eMachine. Surprised
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol Laughing gaming is not important, but martin still needs his 128MB GeForce4 8)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well mazer is right , thats what i currently have for my desktop , and gateway jjust bought them so support will be through teh roof , they have a 4 yerar warranytl aswell , i kicked the crap outta mine and got a newer version , they are quality and are very cheap they use AMD athalon cp technology hte latest version is hosting an athalon 64 bit , which jsut rocks and comes with a flat panel monitor ( sometimes free ) depending on when and where , just to let you know that university of ontario is giving me a free laptop on their wireless network , ibm thingpad 3.0 Ghz, ohhhhh how sweet it is
Radiohead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:02 pm   Post subject: u need internet

im not into computers. or know alot of info on parts. but i do use em efficiently.. adn if ur going into erotic studies u will need a GOOD and FAST internet connection for maximum downloading pleasure. ..

thats all i have to say..
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I custom built my computer. Everything has a 3 year warrenty, and I have 24/7 FREE tech support from right here .
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

when i say suport i mean , they come to your house and fix it , for free if its their fault and they replace all parts that blow or overheat , how they stay in buisness i dont know , i mean hardware supposrt in the simplist form , my first pc was home built but i needed a stable machine for school so i got hte emachines ,my system still isnt complete i gave up on it after i got hte emachines , the only true complete stable computer is a mac (not to be bias ) but becuase the parts are all made especially for them , there can be no software faults of driver incapatabilitys or hardware issues ,its just smooth sailing
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That'll run a whole lot more then $1000. That'll be over 2g's easily
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i am geting a sweet new laptop for uni, alineware all the way!!!!!
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

YOu a serious gamer Dan? Cause AlienWare aint cheap. I wish I had one.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no but i need to talke over the world and all. need some ghz to do that.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hahah of course. Me and my 600mHZ will take it first!
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm at 1.7, but it seems my computer has every virus in the world. The big 0 fill is on the way.
.hack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Alienware is overpriced in my opinion, you could build a machine like that for 1/2 the price. If you want a pretty case, grab a dremel, a piece of plexi and spend 30$ on a cathode.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i am talking about laptops tho. most poleop dont build laptops them self.

and alineware laptops are as good as them come, u just cant get them like that eltes where.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 33 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: