Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Who Took my bits
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:10 pm   Post subject: Who Took my bits

Cause if your gonna steal bits you should make a post stating why none of this steal and hide crap , i did nothing wrong if someone can find somthing that i did wrong then please correct me , but for now i still deserve an answer
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya thats happened to me before. Cept i lost like 800
we64

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I lost 150 bits...
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its totally unfair , no warning no nothing , i try to help out around here and try to get into the community and help admin out , and hte mmords go and d ocrap like that , there is no need for that any of that behaviourat all ,
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shh, im sure there is a logical explination for this..... *blame it on dan*
Rolling Eyes
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There was no need for that , i specified hte rules kept it polite gave him a chance , and helped him finish hte app in my next posts , if this was not ou then i am very sorry but it happened in your forum and .hack as given 100 bits , thanks to me telling him hte rules he has now chaned hte topic name and made some improvements to hte code , im here to hel pi dont see why you have t obe arrogant and take bits when i was doing a good deed ,

***** Message from me to Asian about his behaviour ****** , hope im right
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=3433&start=0

read.

Also, I didn't give .hack 100 bits, for I don't have a reason to. I knew people wouldn't read my announcement thingie, and now you people don't even check up on locked topics? I'm sure I made it clear to always explain why I lock a topic.

Any posts that I deem are spam, in the turing section, will cause the spammer to suffer consequences.
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well how about the fact that you locked hte topic after we posted ( obviously or we would not of been able to post ) if that is hte post you took my bits from that is rediculous i had code postd but it confused him so i tok it off , also i am an actimve member , why are you being so harsh on me , you gave me no warning and no nothing , jsut took my bits and made a scene , why did you hav eto do that , im trying to help people and work on a story for the cTeam , while doing other things on compsci and you have the nerve t opick on me for a little mistake , who d oyou think you are , sre your a moderator and i hav eutmost respect for you , but actions like these show nothing but abuse of your power ,

Shorthair
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

asian - sure shorthair spams a lot, but at the same time he's a good active member and often has something good to say. That... and he's on the cTeam Laughing so cut him some slack, will you?

Besides, Dan posted that although you're allowed and sometimes should take bits away from spammers, do that in reasonable ammounts Rolling Eyes

I'm not going to babysit you guys, there're 1000 other members, so learn to deal with each other.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, let's break this down bit by bit (ha, notice the pun) shall we?
shorthair wrote:
Well how about the fact that you locked hte topic after we posted ( obviously or we would not of been able to post )

That's the whole point of locking topics, so no one else could post afterward.

shorthair wrote:
if that is hte post you took my bits from that is rediculous i had code postd but it confused him so i tok it off , also i am an actimve member ,

I didn't take away your bits because of that one particular post, if you would read your own posts sometimes, then I would think talking about how your gr 10 assignment was "bad boy" may categorize as spam? Now I thought they were asking for palindromes, not about "bad boy" assignments.

shorthair wrote:
why are you being so harsh on me , you gave me no warning and no nothing , jsut took my bits and made a scene , why did you hav eto do that

I clearly gave out warnings, it's called an Announcement, clearly stating that bits will be taken away from anyone that I deem to be spamming. As for making a scene, I am not the one doing it, you are. As far as everyone else is concerned, you didn't have to post this topic, could have just PMed me and we could have settled this in private.

shorthair wrote:
im trying to help people and work on a story for the cTeam , while doing other things on compsci

Excuses, writing stories for cTeam has nothing to do with this.

shorthair wrote:
and you have the nerve t opick on me for a little mistake , who d oyou think you are , sre your a moderator and i hav eutmost respect for you , but actions like these show nothing but abuse of your power

I don't think that highly of myself, but I get very irritated when people are being wholly ignorant. And since I have the power to stop this spread of ignorance, I will do it. Abusing powers are when I do something that is totally unfair, but I think I have stated my case, and explained step by step for the intent of my actions.
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

writing stories has everything to do with this!
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Heh, I don't really mind the bits, and the reason I missed the post is because I read the second page, cause I thought dodge blocked it, but maybe you should have explained more into what your definition of "spamming" is, anything not to do with compsci? or what? and you left me with all this time, not having anyone to make the target of vengence to... in my head...
Though I'm not really angry, cause bits arn't all that important as to flame people and I only lost about 164, with about 100 coming from an unknown donator, so thats little compared to shorthair's bits. Im just a bit disillusioned about moderators in general.

And I think I post more non-spam than spam, and I help people as much as I can:
FearSonic wrote:
paulbian.. that is PERFECT! Thanks to both of you though!

Well, time to start saving again... 2 down 2998 to go.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright well now everybody knows, let's stop yelling at each other. If I could lock this post I would, but I'm not trusted enough over the spam section it would seem.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Darkness wrote:
Alright well now everybody knows, let's stop yelling at each other. If I could lock this post I would, but I'm not trusted enough over the spam section it would seem.

No one is yelling, I don't count all that many exclaimation signs. We're having a peaceful non-flaming conversation. Peace.
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Agreed , i just belive that the conflict neeeded to be sorted in public as other people have had bits disapear with no explenation , i think that if your gonna take em away or punish someone they should know what caused it , so that they can learn from it , asians rules should be indluded in dans rules if they want to be seen , im fine with them but a warning would be nice , i was jsut wondering why all of a sudden bits go away , yes i spam but tell me that you havent spammed before ANYONE and il show you a liar , this obviously dosent apply to new peopel but the " usual guys " you know who you are ,
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 38 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: