Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How to get in to video game devolopment?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
gohabsgo007

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:19 pm   Post subject: How to get in to video game devolopment?

im going in grade 11, my school offers comp sci and comp engineering. compsci we learn c++, comp eng we learn java. which course should i take if i want to get into video game devolopment(ubisoft, infinity ward, ea, etc.)
thanks Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:07 pm   Post subject: RE:How to get in to video game devolopment?

You learn java in TEJ at your school? Thats odd, ICS is supposed to be the programming one. Either language is good, you'll probably learn the other eventually if you stick with programmin so take your pick. There are established games written in both languages.

You'll also want to look up physics/game engines like Unity3D.

https://www.udemy.com/unity3d-concepts/?dtcode=djeuJ6r2wkVZ
dustine79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:46 am   Post subject: Re: How to get in to video game devolopment?

gohabsgo007 @ Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:19 pm wrote:
im going in grade 11, my school offers comp sci and comp engineering. compsci we learn c++, comp eng we learn java. which course should i take if i want to get into video game devolopment(ubisoft, infinity ward, ea, etc.)
thanks Smile

java is the best language to develop video games, but if you were able to select both courses then I will suggest you to learn both C++ and java.
scholarlytutor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:17 pm   Post subject: RE:How to get in to video game devolopment?

I believe C# combined with unity is popular for video game development. Since both C++ and Java have a lot in common with C#, either language or both languages will help.

As far as courses go, unless you have an interest in computer hardware, computer science is more relevant to game programming than computer engineering.
amy3680wil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:05 am   Post subject: Re: How to get in to video game devolopment?

dustine79 @ Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:46 am wrote:
thanks Smile

java is the best language to develop video games, but if you were able to select both courses then I will suggest you to learn both C++ and java.

Yeah, Java is the best language to develop video games, themes, plugins and many more.
Lucas1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:45 pm   Post subject: Re: How to get in to video game devolopment?

thanks Smile

Hello, Its been years since you posted this! I would love to hear what happened with your journey! As I am also trying to learn coding
scholarlytutor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:22 am   Post subject: Re: How to get in to video game devolopment?

Welcome, Lucas1! Which programming language are you learning?
Lucas1

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 10:40 pm   Post subject: Re: How to get in to video game devolopment?

scholarlytutor @ Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:22 am wrote:
Welcome, Lucas1! Which programming language are you learning?

Sorry for late reply.
I started with Angela's Udemy Web DEV course and later in the javascript module I gave up.
Then I started Python course of angela then again I gave up
It seems like I don't like her teaching or maybe I am too stupid and have to push myself.
This week I have started TOP and learning web dev from the beginning.
Currently I am learning HTML
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
scholarlytutor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 5:48 pm   Post subject: RE:How to get in to video game devolopment?

I hope this time it works out!
nisha111

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 3:39 am   Post subject: Re: RE:How to get in to video game devolopment?

Nathan4102 @ Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:07 pm wrote:
You learn java in TEJ at your school? Thats odd, ICS is supposed to be the programming one. Either language is good, you'll probably learn the other eventually if you stick with programmin so take your pick. There are established games written in both languages.

You'll also want to look up physics/game engines like Unity3D.

https://www.udemy.com/unity3d-concepts/?dtcode=djeuJ6r2wkVZ

At my school, we focused on teaching Java in the TEJ program, which may be different from traditional programming courses. However, learning either Java or ICS will provide a solid foundation for programming. Additionally, exploring game engines like Unity3D and physics engines can be valuable for game development.
amandaluxe26

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:53 am   Post subject: Re: How to get in to video game devolopment?

Embarking on a career in video game development requires a blend of passion, education, and practical experience. Start by learning programming languages, exploring game design concepts, and gaining hands-on experience through projects. Joining online communities, attending game development events, and building a portfolio will enhance your chances of entering this dynamic industry.
lexiluna19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:43 am   Post subject: RE:How to get in to video game devolopment?

Embarking on a journey into video game development requires passion, dedication, and skill-building. Start by learning programming languages like C++, explore game engines like Unity or Unreal, join online communities for support, and create small projects to hone your craft. Embrace challenges, be persistent, and continuously expand your knowledge. Happy coding.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: