Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What do you think the future of Turing will be?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Brightguy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:19 am   Post subject: Re: What do you think the future of Turing will be?

The original disk should be in storage somewhere but I doubt it still works. I did find another archive I had with an installer but I think it just creates the files I posted previously.

By extracting the archive into a directory and then running 'dosbox turing.exe' Turing 8 did run for me.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
scholarlytutor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:02 pm   Post subject: RE:What do you think the future of Turing will be?

Strange that it won't work for me. I have a folder where I keep all Dosbox programs. I extracted Turing8 into its own folder and then ran Turing from Dosbox. I get the 'Turing has not been installed properly and is unable to receive registration information' prompt. The other archive you posted seems to do the same. I even tried using the installer, and it says that 'a needed file on the disk has been modified' and it won't allow me to go forward.

I even tried making Dosbox an environment variable and running it just the way that you did. Same result.

Anyone else getting this error from trying to install this version of Turing8 in Dosbox?
scholarlytutor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:33 pm   Post subject: RE:What do you think the future of Turing will be?

Update: Solved the issue!

Very strange. I've been extracting the archive using the typical unzipper that comes with Windows 10. I tried unzipping using 7-Zip instead. And it works! I have no clue as to why this should make any difference, but it does. So I'll recommend to anyone who is unzipping the file to use a program such as 7-Zip rather than the normal file extractor in Windows 10.

Brightguy: Thank you again! Turing 8! Woohoo!
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: