Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Hello, Gr 12 student interested in Computer Science, need guidance on good uni programs
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
hasany

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:39 am   Post subject: Hello, Gr 12 student interested in Computer Science, need guidance on good uni programs

Hello, like the title states, I am a gr 12 student who wants to go into the computer science field. My grade range isn't exactly in the best position (around overall 70% - 80%) and I would like to know which universities, based on my current grade situation, offers a decent computer science program. I wish to become a computer software developer or anything in that field (i.e java, game dev, web design, etc). I already have a lot of information about UTSC, Ryerson, UoIT, Carleton, and Waterloo. I'd like to branch out my info on other schools as well just in case I don't get into these schools. Your expert advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:25 pm   Post subject: RE:Hello, Gr 12 student interested in Computer Science, need guidance on good uni programs

In my area, we have Conestoga College and UofGuelph, both have very good computer science programs. If you're looking into game design, I'm pretty sure Conestoga actually has a dedicated program just for that, something you won't find at a University.
jannatul18

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:49 am   Post subject: RE:Hello, Gr 12 student interested in Computer Science, need guidance on good uni programs

How about University of Regina? I have recently heard about this uni, doing good on this field as well as their entry requirement is not so high.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:03 pm   Post subject: RE:Hello, Gr 12 student interested in Computer Science, need guidance on good uni programs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_Canada
Quote:

Throughout Canada's 13 provinces and territories, there are 98 universities to choose from.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Start cutting out institutions that don't fit some must-have requirement (by location, size of university, size of town, language spoken). Cut out those without a strong Computer Science department. Cut out those with requirements that are too high and too low. You'll end up with list small enough to examine in greater detail, and from that you can pick a shortlist to examine in greater detail.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
jannatul18

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:34 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Hello, Gr 12 student interested in Computer Science, need guidance on good uni programs

Tony @ Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:03 pm wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_Canada
Quote:

Throughout Canada's 13 provinces and territories, there are 98 universities to choose from.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Start cutting out institutions that don't fit some must-have requirement (by location, size of university, size of town, language spoken). Cut out those without a strong Computer Science department. Cut out those with requirements that are too high and too low. You'll end up with list small enough to examine in greater detail, and from that you can pick a shortlist to examine in greater detail.

Its really a great list of universities. Thank you from my side as well.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: