Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Programming Language that can do things on my computer?
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
NotTengu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:24 pm   Post subject: Programming Language that can do things on my computer?

So I just realized that what I'm asking for makes it sound like I'm making viruses, but I'm not. However, saying that makes it more likely that people will suspect of making viruses. Ugh. Anyways...

I'm looking for a programming language that can basically look at my computer's screen and input things into other programs. For example, a program that, when run, could move the cursor to a specific co-ordinate on my screen, where I have Microsoft Word or my desktop, then make the cursor double-click, then input "I just opened Word!", so that the text appears in Word. So like, a language that can make my computer do stuff. I promise I'm not going to just have it click cookies 100 times per second (I don't actually promise this)

Does anyone have any ideas about a programming language that could do this?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:41 am   Post subject: RE:Programming Language that can do things on my computer?

If you just want to open/close programs and such, use Batch files.

Otherwise I know quite a few languages can do what you want. I've used Java which comes with the Robot class, a class which does everything you described.

P.S. Don't feel bad about wanting to script and automate tasks/games, that's how I got into programming 5 years ago Smile
NotTengu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Programming Language that can do things on my computer?

Thanks so much! The robot class has literally everything that I need! I thought that a program language with this kind of thing would be a pipe dream, but apparently not! Thank you so much!
LabedNadjib82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:55 pm   Post subject: RE:Programming Language that can do things on my computer?

use AutoHotkey and that's a simple introduction for it : https://youtu.be/j7MOa16HXpk
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: