Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Possibility of harmful programs]
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:50 pm   Post subject: [Possibility of harmful programs]

I'd like to bring your attention to the fact that .exe files might host viroses so it is recommended to scan the programs before running it.

If any viroses are to be found, please let me or Dan know about it ASAP.

Also it is known that turing has enough system access to delete files or to make garbage ones (creates random files that take up space). Be adviced of what you download.

You don't have to submit any source code and can just upload your files. We just ask not to add any harmful code. If such code is found, let us know ASAP.

The user submiting harmful code will be banned... and if we're really pissed, we gonna track you down and hack your computer Twisted Evil so please, no harmful programs.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dauntless

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:03 pm   Post subject: Hack the violators!

I should incur your wrath on a useless computer under a different name so the compsci world could revel in the story of how you totally trashed my Pentium 133 mhz snail mobile. Could you do cool things like make the CD tray go in and out and crazy sh*t like that? Cuz it might be worth it then....I'll tell you if I'm going to do it, so you don't destroy this comp if someone does upload viruses...
(Btw, this comp is a 355 mhz, not much faster...)

Also, wouldn't it be nice if everyone chipped in like 2 bucks, that way I could get a new computer? That would be nice.

Asok = Martin.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

actually derek, it is possible... if you go to my computer, and right click your cd rom, you can select eject, and it'll open
Dauntless

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:13 pm   Post subject: Poltergeist

I know that, I'm talking like....
I'll be sitting at the comp, and it goes all poltergeist on me, and the CD tray opens and closes repeatedly, and stuff like taht, you know, kick my dog and eat my babies at the same time, crazy hacker stuff.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

just remote control the guy's comp, get the program off school
ArchAngel16

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:41 pm   Post subject: Malicious Programs

Hey I've been coming here for some time and ya I'm happy to say nobody has posted any malicious code that I've seen. This site has given me TONS of ideas for school stuff so THANK YOU!
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Malicious Programs

ArchAngel16 wrote:
THANK YOU!

I'm glad you found the site helpful Very Happy
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
icemaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

o yea btw i would like to say that any files that i submit will not harm your computer guaranteed Very Happy 8) 8) 8)
and hey
how about you beta test my chat program in the forum chat client advanced.....
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This thread is not 2 promote your programs , that is what spam is for ........ now that turing 5 is here your program is almost obselite and not file tranfering is alot easier, not to flame , but you guys should consider updating it , its not as great as you guys try to make it out to be.
white_dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why do ppl make programs like tat. ur just plain stupid
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair says this isn't to promote programs... shorthair goes and promotes "Turing 5"

white_dragon, go check out the thread in general discussion called "Try 2 hack"

http://scifi.pages.at/hackits

hacking IS fun! but you shouldn't hack other people's boxes. (period)

However, posting programs that are harmful to other ppl's boxes is stupid, agreed.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'd have to agree... It is one thing to play a little prank such as sticking a textfile "tony was here" into statup folder Laughing

it is compleatly another to just brudaly rape someone's HDD, flooding it with junk in places noone would look Rolling Eyes
Viper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it would be nice if there was a virius program that could catch and kill all virisus
MiX-MaztA-M8riX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe... if you knew the .exe name, like "Apopup.exe" or sumthing, than delete that maybe....
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well there are.. some of the worms delete all the other viruses before doing damage to your comp.. its kinda like him sticking a pwnd sticker on ur box
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 4  [ 54 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: