Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Orbit! Help! Orbit around center of screen.
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Atherial

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:49 am   Post subject: Orbit! Help! Orbit around center of screen.

What is it you are trying to achieve?
I am attempting to make a square picture, of bit map format, rotate around the center of my screen.

What is the problem you are having?
Im not sure the equation for a rotation around the center, and any other previous tutorials have not been working, resulting with a static image (When using for statements.)

Please specify what version of Turing you are using
<Using 4.1.1>

I hate to ask for this, without any attempt at it myself, but I have been trying, but nothing ive tried has been near to working- If someone can point me in the proper direction, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for the help.
-Mackenzie
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:53 pm   Post subject: RE:Orbit! Help! Orbit around center of screen.

There's a number of ways you can do it. You could use the equation for a circle, or you could use physics with velocities, or trigonometry. There are plenty of ways, but ultimately you need to be changing the x and y coordinates of the image inside a loop. Can you get an image to move on the screen at all?
Atherial

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Orbit! Help! Orbit around center of screen.

Yes, Im able to move objects, using loops and view updates, but I dont really know how id do the rest- I understand how to loop and make x's and y's that change within a loop, but ive only been able to make them move in straight lines-
Thanks for the reply, any additional help would be much appreciated!
-Mac
Atherial

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Orbit! Help! Orbit around center of screen.

UPDATE:
Turing:

View.Set ("graphics,offscreenonly")
var x := maxx div 2
var y := maxy div 2

var xDist, yDist : real %width/height of the circle 
var angle : int := 10 %where the little goes around the big circle
var hyp : int := 60
var earth : int := Sprite.New(Pic.FileNew("earth.bmp"))
Sprite.SetPosition(earth,x,y,true)
Sprite.Show(earth)

loop
    angle := angle - 1
    % trig calculations
    xDist := cosd (angle) * hyp
    yDist := sind (angle) * hyp

Sprite.SetPosition(earth,round (x + xDist),round (y + yDist),true)
    %Draw.FillOval (round (x + xDist), round (y + yDist), 5, 5, 26)

View.Update ()
    delay (5)
    %cls ()
end loop

[size=18]Okay, so I have gotten this far. It spins, It works.. But- How would I change the distance that it spins from- Right now, I have no idea. It spins around the center of the turing default window, and id like it to go further away from the center. Thank you! -Mac [/size]
Atherial

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Orbit! Help! Orbit around center of screen.

Again, figured this out- Changing the number hyp is originally declared as changes it! Thanks!

SOLVED
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: