Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Tutorials
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jonos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:17 pm   Post subject: Tutorials

Since, not many people post in VB, and I am sure many here on the boards want to learn it (include me), I was wondering if any of you advanced or semi-advanced VBers could point us in the right direction for tutorials on the 'net. I have used VBtutor.net, or something of that sort and though it does teach some stuff, it doesn't teach a lot of the basics I find. I have bookmarked bits and pieces from the net, but I can't find some really good ones, though I have tried hard to.
thankyou.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd like to learn VB too, I have like 10 VB texts at home, but they're too technical for me to go fast, when I ask my dad for help, he just talks a string of technical VB mumble jumble. But, I DID manage to get a click the button game working...
Acid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, I'm trying to get a peg solitaire game working, but it isn't going too well. It should be simple, but it isn't Embarassed
McKenzie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Acid, zip and attach code.
Acid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Code's at school, I started re-doing it at home, but I have to download some of the graphics.
McKenzie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I can figure it out without pics
Acid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sounds good, I'll post it eventually. It seems like it should be simple drag and drop, but I'm just learning.
jonos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright, to get back on topic though it is so easy to get off it (im mega hippoocrite people), I have some sites which took me a while to find for some reason cause i could have just typed in visual basic in google instead of something really long:

vbtutor.net
This one is kindof helpful, but it moves along pretty fast, but it does show things like variables and loops and if statements and shiznit stuff like that (excuse the wigger talk).

vbtt.com
Haven't used this one yet.

vbcode.com
Haven't used this one yet.

blackbeltvb.com
I think you have to pay for this, but I don't know for show so check it out.

http://robinmckay.topcities.com/resources.html
This one has a lot of things, though they aren't really tutorials for all I know, but good to learn off of. I haven't downloaded anything from here though so I'm not sure it is safe, so use protection to stop the spread of dtd's.

http://www.free-ed.net/fr03/lfc/030202/120/
Haven't used yet.

vbnet.mvps.org
have...not....used...yet

and there you have it, I have not used a lot of them cause i just found them, but i hope they help.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: