Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3d engine
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:05 pm   Post subject: 3d engine

I made this engine today (2-5), it doesnt have any textures but allows for rotation and perspective. The arrow keys move the cube around on the x and y, 1 and 2 move it on the z. To rotate use 4,6,8. It supports more than 8 points but i didnt want to spend the time to make a more complicated figure.

3dengine.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  3dengine.zip
 Filesize:  165.34 KB
 Downloaded:  765 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

8) looks good

the only thing I want to be added to this is filling those sides with colors and being able to import models from 3D modeling programs as 3DSMAX Wink

I'm really behind on putting my 3D engine together cuz of school work (art is really time consuming) and I can't seem to figure out how to tell if a polygon is visible or not Confused

If someone can tell me how to do that, it'd great for the whole turing community Very Happy
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
RaPsCaLLioN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i had something to say but now i don't, sorry...
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:38 am   Post subject: I like it

Looks cool in wireframe but you should make an option for either having it wireframe or textured or just colors. That'd be even cooler but good job.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

the thing with having it to fill polygons with colors... you'd have to go into Z-sorting and finding out in which order to fill them... or which polygons will not be visible. Confused personally I donno how to do that Embarassed
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if u look at the 3d editor, (i think its posted here) i made it had full vsd, using z-sorting,along with light shaders, filled polys,etc.

note: noticed didnt have to newest version up, so i reposted it
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

nice! 8)
hey i'm trying to make a program that can import 3dmax files do u know where i cn get the file formats from ...? and i also need bmp file format! please message me if u can help me =)
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can export 3DSMAX files in .raw format. Its the easiest to understand and to extract information from.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:07 pm   Post subject: =)

yes that is true Smile
But now i need to know where to get the 3d formulas from like the formulas for turning (x,y,z) coordinates to (x,y) to be drawn on 2d screen of the monitor! Can u help me with that plz?! Smile
thank u!
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you have (x,y,z) right? the 2d version is simply (x/z,y/z) of course, that implies(x,y,0) as your camera angle. one workaround is to move everything to (x,y,z) for some positive z
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i do not recommend 3D in turing, it is only good for a school project. if you are going for 3D, might as well go for C++ and Direct3D. much easier, and if i am not mistaken, it has a built in Z-sorting along with many others. i you can make games like freespace, why make a slow and crappy turing program is my perspective on which language to use
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i guarentee you will not be program in turing after 1st year of university (UoT has the first year turing programs i think)
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, the only reason UoT has turing as its first year, is because Tom cant afford to pay rent, so he still lives on campus, letting university use turing...

Confused

*Tony makes up stories good* Very Happy
Blade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

shoudnt tom get royalties from turing??
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

royalties? the guy chargest a ****ing $80 a copy! New games cost less then that, and they actually work out of the box, not a year later with a patch.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: