Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How do I get options to appear and when I press it how do I get a button that can take you back to the options?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
lightswift69

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:52 am   Post subject: How do I get options to appear and when I press it how do I get a button that can take you back to the options?

What is it you are trying to achieve?
I am trying to achieve on you you can get get the options and then have a button to go back with and how you can exit output screen when you press"3", i am confused :s

What is the problem you are having?
The problem is that I want the options to appear but they are not, and if they do how do make a button that can take you back to the options, also want to make the output screen to exit when I press "3" but I cant make it do that :/

Describe what you have tried to solve this problem
I tried everything I can think of from loops to statements but I cant get it to work, I even tried locate command.

Post any relevant code (You may choose to attach the file instead of posting the code if it is too long)
procedure heading
drawline (1, 345, 637, 345, 7)
locate (1, 36)
put "The Menus"
locate (2, 15)
put "This program will output the choice that the person chooses."
end heading
heading
var answer : int

procedure choices
loop
put ""
put ""
put ""
put ""
put ""
put "Choose an option: "
put " 1. To see my favourite class "
put " 2. To see my favourite animal"
put " 3. To exit"

get answer

if answer = 1 then
put "Science"

put "Back"
elsif answer = 2 then
put "Tiger"

end if
exit when answer = 3
end loop
end choices

Turing:

Please specify what version of Turing you are using
<Answer Here>
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:20 am   Post subject: RE:How do I get options to appear and when I press it how do I get a button that can take you back to the options?

Step one would be to actually use your choices procedure.
lightswift69

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:39 am   Post subject: RE:How do I get options to appear and when I press it how do I get a button that can take you back to the options?

I did use that Razz
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:08 pm   Post subject: RE:How do I get options to appear and when I press it how do I get a button that can take you back to the options?

Not in the code you posted you didn't. You created the procedure but you never call it.
lightswift69

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:41 pm   Post subject: RE:How do I get options to appear and when I press it how do I get a button that can take you back to the options?

What do you do after that Razz?
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:00 pm   Post subject: RE:How do I get options to appear and when I press it how do I get a button that can take you back to the options?

Call the procedure. You did it with heading, so I assume you know how.
lightswift69

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:29 pm   Post subject: RE:How do I get options to appear and when I press it how do I get a button that can take you back to the options?

Did that too, the thing I want to know is how you can make the options show up, when you click a option the screen clears and opens that option.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:34 pm   Post subject: RE:How do I get options to appear and when I press it how do I get a button that can take you back to the options?

cls will clear the screen.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
lightswift69

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:39 pm   Post subject: RE:How do I get options to appear and when I press it how do I get a button that can take you back to the options?

Ah okay where do you put the cls before the options? also how do I make the options come on the output screen? I tried the locate command, didn't work:P
lightswift69

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:29 pm   Post subject: RE:How do I get options to appear and when I press it how do I get a button that can take you back to the options?

Also what is screen flow?
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: