Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Sword Art Online Turing Text Based RPG
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
CptnJTK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:20 pm   Post subject: Sword Art Online Turing Text Based RPG

I made this for a grade 10 coding project... we were supposed to make a simple rock, paper, scissors game but screw that, imma spen a month and a bit making this! it's my first game so enjoy and dont be too harsh.

SAOTBRPG.zip
 Description:
This zip contains the graphics for the program and the program itself

Download
 Filename:  SAOTBRPG.zip
 Filesize:  1.68 MB
 Downloaded:  1324 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raknarg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 pm   Post subject: RE:Sword Art Online Turing Text Based RPG

It's a pretty good start. not bad at all.

My recommendation, look up records and classes, and learn how to use those, then rewrite some of the game to include that. If you plan on working on this more, then those things will make it much easier to add to your program, and make it more readable.
keyboardwalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:46 pm   Post subject: RE:Sword Art Online Turing Text Based RPG

That's far from rock paper scissors alright :p Good stuff

I hate to see fellow programmers suffer so I'm going to show you a way to cut down your line count by ~225 and so you don't have to do it next time.

Turing:

var filename : string (17)%is the max textual size of your pic names
for i : 1 .. 43
    filename := "Opening/sao" + natstr (i) + ".jpg"
    my_pic := Pic.FileNew (filename)
    Pic.Draw (my_pic, 0, 0, picCopy)
    Pic.Free (my_pic)
    delay (75)
end for

CptnJTK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:26 am   Post subject: Re: Sword Art Online Turing Text Based RPG

Thanks for your help and consideration, I really appreciate it! Here's an updated version with cleaned up variables and some patches.

Changes:
------------------
-added healing
-fixed multiple bugs

SAOTBRPG.zip
 Description:
Updated version of SAOTBRPG

Download
 Filename:  SAOTBRPG.zip
 Filesize:  1.68 MB
 Downloaded:  1200 Time(s)

jesse kazomi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Sword Art Online Turing Text Based RPG

Nice job in the beginning u can fix a couple of stuff tho
bubb4h0t3p

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:53 pm   Post subject: RE:Sword Art Online Turing Text Based RPG

Instead of just saying two if statements for each to determine whether or not they're upper case or not, just use Str.Lower, and as an added bonus this means that the user could input "MAle" and it will be the exact same as just entering "male". for example instead of

Turing:
loop
        put "Enter your gender: (Male/Female)"
        put "|> " ..
        get gender
        exit when gender = "Male" or gender = "male" or gender = "Female" or gender = "female"
        cls
        put "Enter a valid gender."
        delay (2000)
        cls
    end loop

It could just be

Turing:
loop
        put "Enter your gender: (Male/Female)"
        put "|> " ..
        get gender
        exit when gender = "male" or gender = "female"
        cls
        put "Enter a valid gender."
        delay (2000)
        cls
    end loop

Overall I just think this method is cleaner, but other than that this game actually looks great! Looks like a lot of effort was put into it, nice intro screen too that's actually a great touch.
Dlack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:08 am   Post subject: RE:Sword Art Online Turing Text Based RPG

WTF WHY ARE THERE ONLY 2 GENDERS TILTED.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: