Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How hard is it to get into CS in UW
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ryantin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:41 am   Post subject: How hard is it to get into CS in UW

Hi there,

I'm from Singapore and look to apply for CS in UW. I've been told by the faculty that my Diploma in games programming is pretty much useless in admission because I don't have an A level cert, so I'm looking into getting into pre-u studies somewhere. I just wanna know if my diploma in games programming would be of any help when I apply with my pre-u certifications and also how hard is the pre-u in Canada? I did pretty badly for my GCE O levels when I was 16, but that was when I was a lazy kid with no plans for my future.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:58 pm   Post subject: Re: How hard is it to get into CS in UW

ryantin @ Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:41 am wrote:
I just wanna know if my diploma in games programming would be of any help when I apply with my pre-u certifications

The diploma is not "useless", but it is difficult to know the value of international programs. Some programs have international standards (this is likely what the admission administration was telling you about).

Find out the requirements for different schools -- work hard towards your top choice, but also consider alternatives.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: